They Are Both Fucking Idiots - South Italy's Failures Part 3

(Note - Last part of South Italy's struggles in dating. I swear the way they confess is a bit stupid but lovable stupidity. It's also a bit cute. 

I wrote the ending in English class while we were learning about Kohlberg's Theory of Moral Development. I think I'm between stages 5 and 6, leaning towards stage 5. I think these stages are kinda outdated because I swear most people these days don't give a shit about society. Also, where is the 'because I can' stage.) 

Lovino jumped as his ringtone suddenly started. He scrambled to pick it up. Lovino tensed as he read the call name. Hesitating a bit, he pressed the green button.

"Hello-" 

"OH MY GOSH, are you okay!?" 

Lovino winced and put the phone on speaker mode. 

"Y-yea, I'm good. Just have a broken fucking leg." 

Alfred gasped, "I'm so sorry!" 

The Italian rolled his eyes. "You weren't the one to break my leg." 

"Well yeah, but still! Pretty sure, Nicolás(Mexico) isn't going to apologize. Also, what was that whole fight about? I've been nagging Nicolás for days now but he won't tell me!" Alfred whined, Lovino could practically hear the pout. 

"It's not that big of a deal." He replied, looking around for his snack. 

"NOT A BIG DEAL!? He broke your fucking leg!" 

"Oh! By the way, how is your leg doing?" Alfred added as Lovino found his bowl of chocolate-covered strawberries. 

"Um, it's fine. A bit sore and stiff but fine. The break wasn't that bad. The doctor said something about it being a transverse break." He answered, popping a strawberry into his mouth. 

"I hope it didn't cost much. Is your government paying for the treatment?" 

Lovino snorted, "It didn't cost much at all. Unlike your country, mine has free healthcare." 

"HEY!", came Alfred's offended cry. 

Lovino chuckled, the American was so sensitive about his healthcare. 

"Anywho, I'm coming to see you!" Alfred chirped. 

Lovino choked on his strawberry. 

"W-what!" He stammered, swallowing roughly. 

"I brought red wine." 

"Alfredooo, you are not coming all the way to Italy. And second, your boss will kill me for letting you drink." Lovino groaned. 

"I'm already on the plane. Or private jet, whatever. I almost never get to drink. Pleasssse Lovi?" 

"Alfredo-wait. Did you fucking smuggle wine onto the jet!?" 

"Yep!" 

Lovino facepalmed. "Alfredo, nooooo." 

"Alfredo, yes!" 

Lovino glared at Alfred as the American put two glasses of wine onto the coffee table. 

"Come on, cheer up! I'm here after all." Alfred giggled, placing the wine bottle next to the glasses. 

Lovino huffed and grumbled about getting in trouble and stupid Americans. 

Alfred plopped down next to the Italian. 

"What do you want to watch?" He asked, picking up the remote. 

Lovino shrugged, leaning forward to pick up his wine glass.