West Virginia

(Note - Another chapter up! I only own my states that's it. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please tell me if I get anything wrong.

Did I just leave for 5 weeks and come back when school starts up again? Yes, yes I did. Am I ashamed? Kinda. Honestly, West Virginia was another Kansas. The first few websites I looked through for info were so dry. Even if I found interesting stuff, most of it was almost impossible to shove into the story.

Anywho, updates will probably be faster as school starts up again.

Anywayyyyy, enjoy West Virginia.)

West Virginia appeared in 1861 on April 17, so right when Virginia seceded from the Union. When she appeared, West was 4. In modern-day, she is 11 years old. She's the 35th state.

West Virginia stayed with the Confederate states for most of the Civil War. Confederacy had pushed her onto Virginia. Who didn't even want to be near her, not a great start in life.

West Virginia's name is Tess Jones. Her nicknames are Tessie, West(used by Virginia a lot), Little Brat(Also used by Virginia), Virginia 2.0, and Tessa.

She has dark brown hair that's slightly wavy. It rests on her shoulders. West normally has a fringe aka straight across the forehead bangs but she styles them into side-swept bangs. She has bluish-gray eyes and pale skin with a bit of a tan. West Virginia is a little copy of Connie. Older readers are probably thinking, 'doesn't Connie have light brown hair and light blue eyes?'. He did but I changed it because too many states already have light brown hair with light blue eyes, or at least I think. I often forget what some of the states look like. Normally it's Arkansas, I keep imagining her as a brunette and not a blonde.

Anyway, West Virginia is kinda the misfit of the family. Jeez, even Alaska fits in more than she does. She's a bit antisocial at times. Growing up with Connie breathing down your neck does that to you. Although, in the past years she has been breaking out of her shell. Of course, there are times when she goes back into her shell.

Unfortunately, West gets incest jokes directed her way too. It's not as often as Alabama gets them but it happens.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned that West Virginia is banned from the kitchen. Why? She, in a way, inherited England's cooking skills. Welllll, she can cook but tends to set things on fire.

Also the pepperoni roll aka bread with pepperoni inside. What the fuck West Virginia. WHY! Anywho, West Virginia likes to frighten states with her pepperoni rolls. Most of the time it's Virginia.

West will hang out on a hill or mountain if she can. It's just her thing. West being a good mountain climber doesn't soothe America's nerves though.

Anyway, West Virginia saves any money she makes. She has a cute little moth bank. Speaking of moths... MOTHMAN! West Virginia worships him and that is all I will say.

West Virginia will always brag about gaining independence from Virginia.

She has 55 mini Mothman figures...these are her counties.

West Virginia once challenged the states to a hike across the Appalachian Trail. None of them made it the whole way, America canceled the event when multiple states passed out from exhaustion.

West once bungee jumped off the New River Gorge Bridge, America almost had a heart attack.

At the height of the coal mining industry, West Virginia helped miners patch wounds and gave them food. Imagine a child coming over and patching your wounds like a pro, you would question your life choices.