CHAPTER 27

"Hold on..." I looked around us and back at Matthias, my eyes widening. "This is where we had our first dinner together!" I exclaimed and Matthias chuckled, turning off the car.

"Or well sort of." I commented and Matthias smirked as he remembered what I was talking about.

We had arrived at a fancy Italian restaurant. However, we had both been here before when Matthias first started earning money, around when he was eighteen and I was seventeen.

Back then, it wasn't a date, we were just hanging out before Matthias claimed that he wanted to check out the restaurant, but he was still a gentleman to me during the whole dinner. Unfortunately at the time, we were really picky in our orders and we were taking quite a long time to order. We also caused too much noise that they had to kick us out because we were disrupting others.

In the end, we ended up going to an ice cream parlour which was still fun, and we had even more fun there than at the restaurant.

"I guess we're boring old people now then." Matthias mused as he clasped onto my hand and we walked into the restaurant together. I laughed and shook my head, remembering that exact moment.

"You see anything interesting yet?" I asked Matthias as we both looked over the menus. We had been here for an hour already and had looked over the menus five times, yet nothing piqued our interests.

"Why did we even come here?" He sighed as he rubbed his forehead.

"You wanted to come here!" I say, finding this whole situation amusing.

"Yeah yeah. I mean, this place looked interesting okay. However, we look like we don't even fit in." He says, looking around us. All around us were couples and businesswomen and men who were way older than us. They all seemed immersed in their discussions and uptight, but they would still throw an odd glance or a frown at me and Matthias every now and then.

"Whatever, you would have to be old and boring to come here! These people look like they frown at the word 'sex!'" I whisper it to Matthias, but some nearby heard me. We both burst into laughter for the hundredth time in the restaurant.

"I'm sorry sir and ma'am, you're going to have to leave now, you've been causing too much disruption." Came the managers voice as he looked at both of us. His face was beet red and I knew he had been watching us the entire time, mess around and cause a lot of noise.

"I'm sorry Caterina, I wanted to take you out to eat somewhere because I finally have money, but that fucker had to ruin our plans." Matthias grumbled and I placed my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"It's okay Matthias. It's the thought that counts, we don't need to go to a big fancy place to eat and I'm really happy you're doing this for me. Besides, we would totally have to be boring old people without sex lives to go into that restaurant again!" I retort and we both laugh loudly as we made our way to the ice cream parlour by the park.

As me and Matthias went inside the restaurant, we went to the front and Matthias went to say his name for the reservation he made, but he paused. We both came face to face with the same manager that kicked us out six years ago.

He seemed to notice us straight away and his mouth dropped open in shock. He closed his mouth and grimaced, recognising us. Matthias rose an eyebrow at him and he cleared his throat.

"Your name sir?" He asked.
"I booked a reservation under Matthias Luciano."
"Right." The manager's eyes widened slightly as he stared at the screen before nodding cautiously. He grabbed two menus and led us over to the elevator. I rose an eyebrow at Matthias, wondering where we were going, but he just shot me a wink in response.