CHAPTER 3

Please read authors note at the end, especially for ftr! X

Me and Iris were sat on either side of Matthias, while Grayson was standing at the foot of the bed. He sighed, rubbing his jaw while looking at Matthias.
"I'm gonna step out for a bit." He said, kissing Iris' forehead, before leaving the room. I liked at Iris and she shrugged slightly, looking down at Matthias.
"It's weird how I'm starting to notice how alike me and Matthias look. I didn't have a clue when I first met him." She said.
"It's uncanny the resemblance." I agreed with her and she nodded.
"I think that time at the restaurant, when I first met Eleonora, after she came back from her trip, Matthias was going to tell me something. He still never got to tell me in the end, but I think he was going to tell me that we're siblings." She confessed and I looked at her surprised.

"It's sad when we think about all the things that could've been said before it was too late." I replied, looking at Matthias softly.
"I bet you had a lot to tell him." Iris smiled softly, while looking at me, before returning her gaze back to Matthias.
"Yes. There's a lot I haven't told him, but I wish I could. Hopefully, he can hear us." I said, squeezing his hand.
"Tell me about you and Matthias." Iris said, looking curious and interested. I bit my lip as I thought of all our memories.

"I've always liked him. When I first moved into the villa, I remember seeing him around once or twice, but I didn't really take note of it. Like I said before, I used to hang around with Sebastian a lot and he introduced me to Matthias. I remember meeting him for the first time," I smiled as I looked back to that time, "he was so kind to me. When he spoke to me, he always looked as if he was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I think that was the start of a little crush forming. After that, we got to know each other really well, and I didn't have to go with Sebastian to go see Matthias as I was already comfortable. After that, Matthias started staying at the villa longer and we always hung out and got up to no good. He would always somehow get into trouble, but stuck up for me if I had gotten in trouble too. He would go out of his way just to meet me or talk with me, and I think we both knew we liked each other. It was a crush then, a big one. I remember I would be waiting around to see if Matthias would arrive. He was just so sweet to me. We were basically inseparable when we were younger.

I think when we got a bit older, we kind of grew apart. Since Matthias was getting older, he had to partake in more activities with the men so I started to see less of him around. I was also immersed in my studies as well, but whenever we would see each other, it was like meeting each other for the first time again. They were rare and special moments whenever we were able to see one another. We became close again after a while." I finished off and she smiled.

"I wish I had been a part of both of yours childhoods. I would've loved to see you and Matthias grow up together." Iris said.
"Thank you for telling me this Caterina. I'm going to meet Grayson as Eleonora wants to speak to us both. Do you want to come?" She asked and I shook my head.
"I want to stay here a bit longer. You two go on ahead." I said.
"Okay," she sighed as she looked down at Matthias and held his hand. She leaned down to kiss his forehead.
She whispered something in his ear and I looked away, not wanting to disturb their moment.
"Please come back to us big brother. We have so much to say and do. Please, please, please come back. I miss you so much, we all do, don't leave us Matthias. I love you big bro." She said and left.

After Iris had left I looked down at Matthias, he looked the same as always, in the same position, but he looked peaceful.
"Matthias, remember when you had a girlfriend, Julianna, I believe her name was." I said, a frown creasing my face.
I thought back to that memory, which I chose not to tell Iris. I didn't want to, this was the time that for the first time, I had experienced what it felt like to be heart broken and my heart feeling like it was ripped away from my chest.

It was five years ago, back when Matthias was 19 and I was 18. Matthias had been gone for half a year to Italy with the men and I had not seen him as I was too busy with my exams at the time. I was excited about seeing him as I overheard the conversation between Eleonora and Matteo that Matthias was coming back. I was so happy that day that I had put away all my homework and revision for the day and dressed up and waited for Matthias to come back. They also decided to throw a party in the villa as the men were successful in their mission and were able to get back home quicker than they thought.

5 years ago

"Caterina! The party started fifteen minutes ago. Hurry up already!" Whined Sebastian. Sebastian had to stay as he was young and inexperienced. I giggled as I put on my gold earrings and looked myself in the mirror, smoothing down my gold dress. I smiled as I looked at my appearance, feeling pretty. I ran my hand through my curls and put on the gold necklace that Matthias had gifted me on my 17th birthday, which no one knew about.

"They'll be arriving in a few minutes Caterina. Eleonora is telling me to hurry you up." Sebastian sighed and I finally left the room.
"Come on Sebastian, stop taking so long! They're going to be here any second now!" I laughed as I ran past him and he grumbled under his breath, following me downstairs.

I met Eleonora and she smiled once she saw me.
"Oh Caterina you look so beautiful!" She exclaimed and kissed my forehead.
"Thank you mama, you look so beautiful too." I said and she smiled.
"Where did you get that necklace from dear? I've never seen it before." She asked and I blushed.
"I just got it from the store when I went out one day." I lied and she nodded, believing me. There was suddenly a loud noise towards the front door and Eleonora looked ahead.
"Come on! They must be here!" She said and took my hand, both of us basically running to the front door. Everyone gathered around the front, eagerly waiting.

The door opened and Marcello looked up, surprised before chuckling and shaking his head. There was a chorus of chatter as everyone entered. I hugged my Marcello and my brothers, but I waited for Matthias. He was the last to come and I waited apprehensively.

"Matthias! My boy!" Eleonora exclaimed and I looked up in excitement as my gaze fell on Matthias. He looked just as handsome as before, but older and I blushed at the sight of him. He had the same sharp jawline, but he had a five O'clock shadow. His features were more defined as well. I smiled as I looked at him, but my smile dropped as I saw the girl besides him.

A/N:Just to remind you guys, Matteo is basically a family friend who is their photographer as well

A/N:
Just to remind you guys, Matteo is basically a family friend who is their photographer as well. Matteo's family and the Russo family are very close. Eleonora is not Caterina's, Grayson's, Ethan's nor Matthias' biological mum. She has looked after them from such a young age that she is a motherly figure to them, but not their real mother! Marcello is the leader of the Russo mafia. Marcello and Eleonora are married.
Caterina and Matthias are not related!!Caterina, Grayson and Ethan are siblings with Caterina being one year older than them.
I hoped this helped but, for first time readers, I suggest that you read the first book (Black & Grey) before reading this book, it would make a lot more sense I believe.
Also I just realised how much I'm going to have to edit the first book, nothing too major, I just believe that the ages are all confusing. This is how old they are below: 👇
Matthias: 24
Caterina: 24
Grayson: 23
Ethan: 23
Iris: 20
I'm really sorry if there's any confusion. Please comment any questions you may have.
Also, Caterina's story/flashback will be carried on in the next chapter!
Hope you enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then