A/N: DISCONTINUED

Please read the full author's note if you can x :)

Hey guys,
I've decided that I'm not going to carry on Awaken because in all honesty, I have lost all writing motivation for it. I also believe that the writing this book isn't something that I am proud of, because I believe that I am better at writing, but this book hasn't pushed me to my writing capabilities.

I think I'm ready to put the Dolan Twins fanfic at a stop now as I am older now, I wrote Black & Grey when I was 15 and I'm now 17. Btw, I'm not saying that just because you're a certain age you have to stop writing fanfics or whatever, I was just young when I wrote Black & Grey and I'm ready to move on to writing bigger and better things.
Although Awaken is not really a fanfic (kinda), when I wrote Black & Grey, I had no plans of writing a sequel. Tbh, Black & Grey was an idea that I randomly got and I would think of different chapter ideas on the spot, so really, none of it was planned.

I'm quite bad at updates and if you've been keeping up then you know as well lol, but when writing Awaken, I would always have to really push myself to complete a chapter and this didn't make me happy because I would always write smaller chapters, have so much spelling, grammar & punctuation mistakes and the writing was just not it...

Putting Awaken on hold and then deciding if I wanted to carry it on or not was a huge decision. At first, I was going to take down the book, but if any of you guys have read Black & Grey, then I'm sure you must have been curious as to what happened to Matthias, therefore I'm keeping the book up, but not continuing on the story.

I truly am sorry for those who looked forward to the updates and wanted to know what happened next between Matthias & Caterina. Due to discontinuing the book, I will list down what I had planned down to happen in the story if I had continued it.

• The last chapter before this ends on Matthias and Caterina on a date, so I was going to write a few more chapters of them flirting and getting closer to each other.

• Next what I had planned is that Marcello has a deal with another mafia family and Caterina has an arranged marriage with the don's son. Obviously, Caterina and Matthias don't want this, Caterina begs Marcello to not let the wedding go ahead, but he doesn't listen.

• She tries to talk to Matthias who has made himself distant from her, saying she needs a better life, a better man etc... She wants to stay with Matthias and asks him if he loves her, but he simply leaves her without an answer.

• Caterina decides to give the marriage a go and goes on a couple of dates with the other guy. She learns that he's nice and really sweet, but she still really doesn't want to marry him deep down.

• Skip to Caterina's wedding day, she tries to beg Matthias to do something so that they can be together instead, but he avoids her. She ends up marrying the other guy ( I hadn't thought of a name for him lol).

The next part will contain a ⚠️ T.W ⚠️.

• A few weeks after her wedding, the guy comes home drunk and ⚠️ T.W ⚠️ physically starts to abuse her. Parties are held and this is where all the mafia families gather, so Caterina will be able to see Marcello, Eleonora, Iris, Matthias etc...

• The first time that the party was held, Caterina finds Matthias and begs him to take her away, but she doesn't explain what's going on behind closed doors. She tells him she still loves him and he hesitates, about to tell her how he really feels until Caterina's husband interrupts them and Matthias walks away from her.