CHAPTER 2

Half a month later...

"Hurry up Valentina. We're about to leave any minute now!" Iris urged Valentina on the phone.
"If you don't get there in five minutes, then you're uninvited to the wedding." I said as I snatched the phone out of Iris' hand.
I heard Valentina chuckle at my response.
"Okay okay, I've left. I'll meet you guys there instead." She said and I hung up, nodding at the girls to go.

It was time to go bridesmaid shopping. Me, Iris, Valentina, Zara and Eleonora also decided to have a girls day out today as well, but there had been a little delay in the plans due to Valentina being late from wherever she was at.

"Please call me if anything goes wrong. I'll come back straight away." Zara said as she handed Angelo over to Ethan, looking worried.
"We'll be fine, now go Zar. You need this day out." He said to her and she smiled up at him. She kissed him and Angelo before whispering something in Ethan's ear.

I smiled softly at the both of them, no one had a clue what they were, but Ethan and Zara seemed so happy together. They were both taking things slow at the moment, and I respected them for that. There were still a lot of things we all have to go through.

"Matthias would've loved to see you in that dress

"Matthias would've loved to see you in that dress." Iris commented and I looked at myself in the mirror, smoothing down the dress.
"I-I really do wish he was here." I bit my lip as my lip trembled. Iris turned me around and held both of my hands in hers.

"I do too Caterina. God, I just wish I had spent more time with him, I-I still get surprised to know that he's my brother. I've lived this many years without knowing I had a brother and it feels so unfair, that when I found out, he was ripped away from me." Iris sobbed and I hugged her close to me, feeling my own tears fall down my face too.

"Let's go see him later on, after all this." I said and Iris nodded.
"It's been a year Iris. A whole year now." I gulped, feeling like a lump was stuck in the back of my throat. Iris didn't say anything, but I could tell from her shaky exhale, that she was just as much affected.

"H-he's got to come back. He has t-to. I know he will. My brother will come back." Iris said determinedly and we both hugged each other tightly, holding onto each other and sobbing.

We sat in silence for a while, not doing or saying anything.
"We should get you out of that dress, the others must be wondering what's going on." Iris said and I nodded. She left the changing room stall and I got changed back into my clothes. I exited the stall with all of the six dresses that I had tried on today.

"I would narrow down the selection to these three. The violet, baby pink and nude dresses." Said Eleonora as she examined each dress carefully.
"I agree, I'm not really a fan of the others." I said, staring at the three Eleonora had chosen.

"What about you Valentina and Zara?" Eleonora asked them. Zara agreed with Eleonora.
"I was really thinking that red was my colour, I guess not," Valentina said as she looked at the red dress in disgust, "but I'm fine with those three as well."