CHAPTER 16

I never thought I would ever see this day come.

Matthias is kissing me!!

Inside, my 15 year old self was squealing and so was my 23 year old self as well. My mind was racing with many thoughts, but I barely had time to think.

Matthias squeezed my waist, pulling me in even closer to him and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, playing with his hair. His soft lips moulded over mine perfectly and my heart felt like it was going to burst. My stomach was full of butterflies and tingles and I broke away from him to take a breath in. We pulled apart and the lights came back on at the same time.
I looked up at Matthias and his eyes were filled with clear lust. They were so dark that the sight of him slightly out of breath made many other thoughts race through my head that made me blush. He leant down and quickly pressed a soft and firm kiss to my lips one last time before pulling away.

I was speechless and didn't know what else to say to him. He smirked at my lack of speech and ran his hand through his hair.
"You okay there Caterina?" He asked arrogantly and I seemed to snap back to my senses.
"I-uh. I need to go to the bathroom."
My cheeks were red and I walked away from Matthias before he could say anything else. I inwardly groaned at my awkward response to him and looked at my bright red cheeks in the mirror. Sure enough, I looked flustered as hell.

I waited in the bathroom to cool myself down and apply some more concealer on the now, half faded hickeys. One of Eleonora's friends I assumed, came into the bathroom, ogling at me covering my hickeys and I did my best to ignore her.

After a few minutes I took a deep breath and walked out to join everyone else again.
"Caterina! Just the person I was looking for." I heard Lorenzo greet me in the hallway.
"Hey what's up?" I asked him as he linked our arms together and we both walked down the hallway and into the ballroom together, where everyone was situated, a few still dancing and a few sitting down.

"I just wanted to talk." He said and I frowned and rose an eyebrow at him. My eyes had a mind of their own and swept over everyone to find Matthias. He was standing next to Ethan, both of them discussing something and I sighed at how good he looked.

"What do you need Lorenzo?" I asked him. As if feeling my state, Matthias glanced up and caught my eye. He winked at me and I smiled. His eyes went over to Lorenzo and then to our arms linked and he rose an eyebrow.

"I-I don't know what you mean." Lorenzo stuttered slightly and I shot him a weird look.
"Spit it out Lorenzo." I sighed.
"You've got to set me up with one of your friends Caterina." He groaned and I unlinked our arms, crossing my arms together and stared at him curiously.
"What about her over there? The one holding the baby?" He motioned his head over to Zara and my eyes widened slightly. Shaking my head at him, he looked disappointed.
"She's with Ethan. Or well, sort of. They're taking things slowly." I said.
"And forget Valentina. She's with Matteo." I said and he looked surprised for a moment before nodding.

"Looks like it's just us two then." He smirked suggestively and I rolled my eyes, pushing him away slightly.
"What's Lorenzo moaning about now?" I heard Ethan say who made his way over with Matthias to us both.
"He can't get a girl." I smirked and Lorenzo rolled his eyes.
"Tried going after Zara, but I told him she's taken." I added, chuckling at the glare that Ethan sent Lorenzo, who pretended not to notice.

"Well I'm not completely lonely. Caterina here, seems to be single as well." Lorenzo shrugged and now it was Matthias' turn to glare at him. I nudged Matthias slightly, hoping he wouldn't make it too obvious.
"Damn even Sebastian can get a girl." Ethan muttered and we all turned in his direction. Sebastian saw us and waved. He turned to the girl in his arms and they both kissed for what seemed a long time, before he made his way over to us as well.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" He asked cheerily.
"Someone's happy." Grumbled Lorenzo and Sebastian chuckled.
"I'm not the only apparently, Matthias here seemed to have a girl in his bed this morning!" Exclaimed Sebastian as if it was news to him.
Matthias caught my eye and sent a wink, chuckling at Sebastian before slapping his back.
"Damn, not even two months out of the hospital and you're already fucking." Ethan said and I winced slightly before snorting at Matthias' blush that appeared.

"That settles it then, me and Caterina are the only ones left. We'll be better than all of you." Lorenzo said and wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his side. I felt Matthias' glare on him and I pushed him away.
"In your dreams Lorenzo." I said and Ethan shot him a weird look.
"Dude that's weird. That's my sister." Ethan said and I chuckled.

"We should all go out." Ethan declared and I crossed my arms.
"Where to?" I asked him, weirded out by his suggestion and he shrugged.
"Wherever we want to go. Marcello and everyone else will gather to start talking business anyways. I'll grab Zara and Valentina-oh and uh Matteo I suppose." Ethan said as he looked over at Valentina and Matteo kissing.
"Did anyone else know about them two?" Ethan asked and we all shook our head.
"And Grayson and Iris? We're going away on their wedding day." I said.
"I'll see." Ethan said before going to gather everyone around.

A/N:Sorry for the short chapter, I'll be updating the next chapter in an hour or so

A/N:
Sorry for the short chapter, I'll be updating the next chapter in an hour or so.
Hope you guys enjoyed and stay safe!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then