CHAPTER 10

1 month later

"What do you mean you lost the ring?!" I whispered furiously to Ethan. His face was pale and I shook his shoulders.
"Ethan, snap out of it! The wedding is tomorrow! Tomorrow Ethan!"
"I-I swear it was in my pocket." Ethan looked frustrated as he ran his hand through his hair.

I sighed and looked around the room. Iris and Grayson were getting married tomorrow and Ethan, decided to come and call me to say that he lost the ring.
"Do not tell Grayson or Iris." Said Ethan nervously and I rolled my eyes at him.
"Of course, because I would go up to Iris and tell her the day before her wedding that her ring is missing!" I snapped sarcastically and Ethan rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey what's going on?" I instantly looked up to see Grayson and Matthias walking down the hallway together. I forgot about Ethan's actions and stared at Matthias. He looked drool worthy in grey sweatpants and a black shirt which moulded over his body perfectly. He has gotten better and is able to walk around, however Marcello still hasn't put Matthias back to work, which means that I had lost the bet. Matthias still hasn't won the bet either since we didn't actually know when Matthias was to be put back on the job.

I heard Ethan clear his throat, nervously glancing at me and I snapped out of my trance. Me and Ethan looked at each other before back at Grayson.
"Nothing much. We just can't get sleep." I said casually, hoping Grayson would believe me. He nodded and stuck his hands in his pockets. He balanced back and forth on his heels for a moment and I looked at him surprise. I had never seen my brother like this before, he looked nervous.
"What's wrong?" I asked and he looked at me in surprise and shrugged after a moment.
"Just nervous I guess. I never thought I would be able to get to where I am today." He confessed and my heart warmed.

"Time to start your own life." I said quietly and he nodded. We all stared at each other before Grayson rolled his eyes and stepped forward, grabbing me and Ethan. He grabbed Matthias and we all group-hugged.
"It still hasn't sunk in yet." Grayson sighed and Matthias clapped his back.
"You're about to go your own way Grayson, and it'll be with Iris. Don't be nervous, we will still always be here." I stated and he squeezed me.
"And then there was just three left." Ethan mumbled and we all laughed. I caught Matthias' eye and we both smiled at each other warmly.

"You should get some sleep Gray. You're getting married tomorrow." Matthias told Grayson and he nodded.
"You still got the ring?" Grayson last minute, turned to ask Ethan.
"Yes." Ethan said in a seriously high pitched voice and I stared at him incredulously. Grayson and Matthias glanced at him weirdly and I slapped Ethan's stomach. He let out a quiet 'oomph' before holding his stomach.

"Are you okay? He ate something earlier, and it hasn't gone down well." I made up an excuse to explain to Grayson and he nodded.
"Get better Ethan, you better be there tomorrow." Grayson said and Ethan rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, of course I'll be there, wouldn't miss it." Ethan said and Grayson nodded, looking convinced.

He kissed my forehead and hugged Ethan before leaving. Matthias followed him to the door and shut it once Grayson had left.
He turned around to face us and raised an eyebrow.

"What's going on?" Asked Matthias and me and Ethan looked at each other in surprise.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Ethan cleared his throat, avoiding all forms of eye contact with Matthias. I wasn't prepared when Matthias set his gaze on me and I blushed. He narrowed his eyes and I bit my cheek nervously.
"Caterina?" Matthias asked stepping closer to me. He was really close to me and I breathed hardly. I looked up at Matthias and then to Ethan, wondering what Matthias was trying to do in front of my brother, but Ethan wasn't looking at us, he was looking outside the window.

Thanks for the help brother.

I snapped my gaze back to Matthias when I felt his hand snake around my waist. My eyes widened and I inhaled his scent, his presence being too much for me. He gripped my waist tighter and was about to pull me in closer, but I quickly stepped back from him.

"Ethan lost the ring!" I blurted out and Ethan swivelled around to face me, looking at me like I was crazy.
"Caterina!" Ethan snapped and I rolled my eyes.
"He knew something was going on for fucks sake Ethan. You couldn't even act normally around Grayson!" I retorted and Ethan grumbled.
"You lost the ring?!" Matthias asked, the news still not sinking in for him.
"Can we all just stop saying that and actually just find it?" Ethan rubbed his face tiredly.

We spent the next hour trying to find the ring and finally we had found it. Turns out, it was in Ethan's coat pocket all this time, however he had claimed that he had put it in his trouser pocket.
"I'm five seconds away from strangling you." I huffed to Ethan and he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Matthias smacked the back of Ethan's head.
"Do not lose that now." He warned and Ethan nodded, clutching the ring tightly.

"I'm going to sleep, thank you guys for helping me." Ethan said sincerely and left.

"Well-"
"Do you want to get some drinks?" Matthias cut in and I looked at him in surprise.
"Trying to get a hangover on the wedding day?" I asked staring up at him and he smirked, shrugging at me.
"What do you say?" He asked.
"Lead the way." I replied and he clasped my hand, leading me away.

A/N:Can you guys believe that Christmas is next week! Please stay safe and have a good holiday!Hope you guys enjoyed!Vote! Comment! Share!Until then

A/N:
Can you guys believe that Christmas is next week! Please stay safe and have a good holiday!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then