CHAPTER 7

An hour had passed by and like I said to Matthias before, I went and checked up on him. I entered in quietly, bringing the tray of food with me. I walked over to him and placed the tray on his bedside table before looking down at him. I took a seat and stared at his peacefully resting face. He held some sort of frown as his brows were furrowed and out of habit, I reached out to place my hand on his and squeeze it.
He stirred, rubbing his eyes and looking a bit disoriented before his eyes landed on me, curious as to why I was here, staring at him sleeping.

"Uh-hi." I jumped, removing my hand away from his instantly. He nodded and I stood up to get the tray of food. I placed it in my lap and began to give him his food, but he grabbed my arm, halting me.
"I can do it myself Caterina." He grumbled and I dropped my hand, feeling off.
"Okay." I replied back softly, placing the tray on his lap.

I sat and stayed with him as he ate. He seemed to be thinking deeply about something as he stared at the wall.
"How do you feel?" I asked, trying to make conversation. He turned his head, looking as if he just realised that I was still there.

"You don't have to stay." He said shortly and I frowned.
"I want to." I blurted out and he tensed slightly.
"What's wrong Matthias?" I asked and he shook his head, refusing to give me an answer.

"I-we've all missed you a lot Matthias, I'm glad you're back." I said and he nodded, looking strained. I opened my mouth to say something else but he turned to look at me again, making me close my mouth shut.
"You should go." He replied and I looked at him, feeling confused.
"But-"
"I want to be alone Caterina. Just leave me alone for a while." He said. Although his voice was calm, there was an underlying harshness to his tone.
"O-okay, I understand. I'm sorry." I pathetically say before leaving his room feeling like I'm just being a nuisance.

I just want to help you Matthias.

The sun came peeking through the blinds and I yawned tiredly

The sun came peeking through the blinds and I yawned tiredly. I groaned as the sun blinded my eyes and I closed my eyes, sighing, wanting to fall back asleep. I had barely gotten any sleep last night, my mind in it's own tumour over Matthias.
Matthias!
I glanced at the clock on my bedside table and jumped out of bed. Matthias should be up right now and is probably expecting breakfast.
I wanted to be the one to deliver him his food and be there for him.
Call me needy but I don't want to go through the fear of losing him again.

I brushed my teeth and my hair and changed into some clothes before rushing downstairs. I saw Eleonora coming through with a tray of food for Matthias.
"I'll take this." I quickly swooped in and she glanced at me in surprise.
"Goodness Caterina! Warn me next time." She joked and I chuckled lightly while she placed the tray in my hand.
"Thank you dear, tell Matthias I hope he's doing alright and I'll come check up on him later." She kissed my forehead before walking back into the kitchen.

I walked back up the stairs, being careful not to spill the glass of juice over. I was standing outside Matthias' room when the door opened and out stepped the nurse. I smiled at her kindly and she let me in.
"I'm done for the day, if anything is wrong please call me. I'll see you tomorrow." The nurse announced before leaving.

"Morning." I said walking over to Matthias' side. He was wearing a different set of clothes, and his hair was still messy, but he looked cute in a way that had my heart beating fast.
"Morning." He replied back gruffly. I set the tray on his lap and we fell back in silence as he began to eat.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him and he shrugged.
"Matthias I-"
"Look Caterina, I appreciate you doing this for me, but please stop with the useless conversations. I don't want to talk about how I'm feeling. I just want to be alone goddamnit and you constantly coming in here and expecting me to talk about practically everything is frustrating. Just go Caterina." He snapped, his eyes penetrating into my gaze.
I dropped my gaze onto the bedsheets, feeling embarrassed and awkward.

Is that how he see's me now?

I felt quite humiliated, my good intentions being perceived as frustrating to him.

"I just thought that-"
"Thought what Caterina?"
"I-I thought that we would be able to go back to how we were. It seems like a long stretch but I want to help you and maybe you someday fulfil that promise you told me." I said sadly, placing my hand on top of his. For a moment, something flashed his eyes before it was gone just as quick as it appeared.
He moved his hand, mine now feeling left empty and cold.

"You know that'll never happen Caterina. It's impossible and-and I don't think I would want it to happen. It was just a silly promise we both made." He replied, brushing me off.

"Promise me Caterina. One day we'll both get married and have loads of kids!" Matthias said as he cuddled me. I smiled as I looked into his eyes, they were shining and full of excitement.
"I say 3-4 kids Matthias and I promise Matthias, we'll get married someday!" I giggled and he kissed my cheek.
"I promise to always look after you and hopefully become your husband. Although, I bet we'll be able to have 10 kids!" He winked cheekily and I stared at him in awe before smacking his chest lightly, chuckling at his excitement. I hope that one day I'll be able to marry this man and see the same glowing smile every morning and everyday until I die.

Yes, it was just a silly promise we both made. I bit my lip, my heart crashing, but I took a deep breath and nodded.
"Yeah, I understand." I mumbled, not looking at him before leaving his room. Once I was outside, I took another deep breath, my heart hurting as tears finally started falling down.

This isn't the same Matthias I know anymore. He's gone.

I quickly wiped my tears as I heard a set of footsteps. I glanced up and saw Ethan coming towards me, holding Angelo in his arms.
"Hey bro, how are you?" I asked, putting on a big smile for him. He looked at me for a moment before sighing.
"Things are just going on as they are I suppose." He said and I frowned.
"What's up?" I asked and he shook his head. I held my arms out to Angelo and his grubby little arms came towards me. I smiled as I took him from Ethan, bouncing Angelo slightly.

"How's Zara doing? I haven't seen her in a while actually." I stated, noting the fact that I knew she was in the villa all this time, but yet I hadn't really seen her around.
"She's uh- she's been staying in the room for a while. I don't know why, but she's refusing to tell me what's wrong, just says she's having one of her days. Whatever that means." He sighed tiredly as he placed his hands into his trouser pockets.

"You go take a break little bro. I'll look after Angelo and check up on Zara later." I said.
"I'm only one year younger than you." He retorted, rolling his eyes as he walked away.
"I'm still older than you!" I laughed as I heard him grumble.

"Come on Angelo, let's go get some food for you." I said to the baby who was now making it his mission to yank my hair out.

" I said to the baby who was now making it his mission to yank my hair out

A/N:
I only just realised how weird this is. When I downloaded wattpad I was like 12/13 and the characters in the books would always be 17/18. It's so weird that I'm at that age now lol. I remember I always used to be like 'what's it going to be like when I'm 17? Am I going to meet my wattpad boy 😏.' Haha all jokes aside though, 17 has been okay not anything special, but I'm managing I guess 🙂. Stay safe!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then