CHAPTER 9

I opened the door further and walked in, holding Angelo against my hip. I avoided eye contact with Matthias and went and sat by his bed.

"Who's baby is that?" He asked and I looked at him.
"Zara's." I replied back shortly. Before I knew it, Angelo scrambled out of my hands and onto the bed. I went to go pick him up, but Matthias beat me and clasped his hands around Angelo.
"How old is he?" Matthias asked once again, his eyes trained on the baby he was holding up.
"Almost one. He's 11 months old." I said, staring at the expression on Matthias' face. His expression was one of awe. It seemed almost unusual seeing him look so different compared to the usual cold and closed off expression he held.

I watched in awe as Angelo giggled at Matthias. Matthias grinned and my breath felt like it got knocked out. I giggled quietly as Angelo began to slightly pull at Matthias' hair. He looked over at me and smiled and I smiled back, my heart warming at him and the sight of him and Angelo together.

I shuffled closer to them and rested my arms on Matthias' bed. I leant on my elbows as I reached to ruffle Angelo's hair.
Me and Matthias played with Angelo for a couple of minutes, forgetting about everything and just smiling and laughing. I loved seeing this side of Matthias, it's the side that I fell for and will continue doing so.
Suddenly Angelo burped and threw up on Matthias' shirt.
"Damn, he got me good." Matthias chuckled and I stood up.

"I'll go get something to clean it up." I hurriedly said and left his room. I grabbed some tissues and walked back into Matthias' room. I wiped Angelo's mouth and turned to Matthias to see that he was taking his shirt off.
I blushed and averted my eyes, however I saw some of Angelo's vomit on Matthias' chest and I grimaced.

"Here, I'll clean it up." I said and went towards him. His chest felt warm, and the whole time I kept my eyes trained on his chest. I felt Matthias staring at me, but I simply couldn't say anything for the fear of mumbling out something stupid to him while I was feeling flustered.
I moved my hand away once I was done cleaning his chest, but Matthias suddenly grabbed my wrist stopping me. I faltered and before I knew it, I fell on top of him. My cheeks felt flushed as I stared into Matthias' eyes. We were so close to each other that one wrong move and I would be able to feel his lips on mine.
We stared at each other, his grip on my wrist tightening slightly. His eyes dropped down to my lips and I saw him gulp. I watched as his eyes turned a darker shade of green and I shuddered slightly, my breath fanning his lips. I saw his head come slightly more closer and my mind went blank. Matthias' other hand went up to my waist and he squeezed slightly.

My heart raced but we suddenly snapped out of the trance we were in when Angelo started crying again. I instantly looked away, my face going red and Matthias dropped my wrist, averting his eyes to the bed sheets instead.
He coughed slightly and cleared his throat.

"Sorry uh- c-can you get me a new shirt please?" He asked and I almost laughed in amusement at how embarrassed he was feeling. I turned around and went to closet, picking out a black shirt and passing it to him. I picked up Angelo and tried to hush his cries.

"Can I try?" Asked Matthias kindly and I nodded and passed Angelo over to him. Angelo had other ideas and kept a firm grip on s strand of my hair. I winced as he pulled on it, now in Matthias' hands.
"This baby." I grumbled slightly and Matthias chuckled. He helped untangle Angelo's hands away from my hair. I smiled at him gratefully and to my surprise, Angelo seem to quieten down in Matthias's arms. He soon fell asleep on Matthias' chest. The sight was adorable.

"You sure you haven't worked with babies before?" I asked jokingly and he smiled in amusement and shook his head. He gently passed Angelo over to me and I held him against my chest, patting his back slightly.

Me and Matthias sat in silence, thinking.
"How are you feeling?" I asked that question, shuffling awkwardly as I remembered our interaction earlier, where he had snapped at me.
"I'm feeling better. It was nice to do something different today." He said as he nodded at Angelo.
"How much should we bet how long it'll take for Marcello to put you back on the job?" I asked cheekily and he laughed loudly. The sound of his laugh made me feel warm and happy.

"I say in around three or fourth months." He replied and I rose an eyebrow.
"I say a month." I said and it was his turn to raise an eyebrow at me amusedly.

"So what does the winner get?" He asked and I thought about it for a moment.
"$1000 and they can tell the loser what to do for the rest of the day." I said and he nodded slightly.
"What does the loser get?" He asked and I frowned.
"I assumed that the loser would just have to listen to what the winner tells them to do." I replied, looking at him confusedly.
"That and the loser has to make food for them for a week straight." He added in and I approved.

"Hope your cooking skills are on point." He joked and I rose an eyebrow at him in amusement.
"You already think you're going to win?!" I asked incredulously and he smirked.
"I know I'll win." He said arrogantly and I rolled my eyes at him, chuckling at his cocky ego.
"I guess we'll see won't we?" I said slyly and he nodded, narrowing his eyes at me as he assessed me.

I felt Angelo stir and I decided it was time to leave.
"I need to go out Angelo to bed. You should probably get some sleep as well." I told Matthias and he nodded, watching me stand up.

"Caterina." I turned around to face him again.
"Yeah?" I asked him and he raised his eyes to meet mine.
"I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean to snap." He apologised and I stared at him in wonder. I sent him a sweet smile.
"It's okay Matthias. I forgive you." I replied back and his mood seemed to have lifted.

I was about to leave his room, but at the last second I turned around and walked towards him. I bent down and pecked him on the cheek. He looked at me in awe and I left his room, feeling lighter and happier for the first time in what seemed like forever.

A/N:Matterina? Catthias?Stay safe!Hope you guys enjoyed!Vote! Comment! Share!Until then

A/N:
Matterina? Catthias?
Stay safe!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then