CHAPTER 8

I smiled down at Angelo while he giggled.
"Let's go find your mommy, Angelo." I murmured as I saw Marcello go into Matthias' room.
Day in and out, everyone had gone to visit Matthias. I wonder how he must be feeling.
I sighed and turned to Grayson who thought it would be funny to flick my nose.

"What's up?" He asked and I shrugged lightly.
"I'm good, have you seen Zara around?" I asked him and he frowned for a second and shook his head.
"I actually haven't seen her around lately." He said and I nodded.
"Do you think-" I paused and Grayson rose an eyebrow in curiosity.
"Forget it." I said shaking my head.
"Do I think what?" He asked and I sighed.
"Zara's refusing to come out of her room recently Grayson, why do you think that is?" I watched him and he seemed to know what I was trying to say.
"Matthias." He grimaced lightly and I nodded.
"She hasn't forgiven herself, I think seeing Matthias recently has just become a huge shock for her." I explained.
"She'll come around soon. If Matthias is able to forgive her, then she'll be able to forgive herself as well." He said and turned to face Iris who appeared down the hallway.

"Hey babe." He smirked at Iris as he kissed her.
"Hey Gray, hey Caterina." She greeted and I smiled at her in return.
"I'll leave you two lovebirds to it." I said as Angelo started to become fussy in my hands. I went upstairs to Ethan and Zara's room and knocked on their door.

"Come in." I heard a muffled voice and I walked inside. Zara was lying face down on her bed.
"Hey Zar." I said quietly as I went and sat next to her.
"Whats going on? You haven't been coming of your room recently." I asked her and she sat up. I saw the pain behind her eyes and the tears rolling down her face.
"I'm a horrible person Caterina. I don't even deserve to be here, how can you all forgive me?" She asked me and I sighed as I stroked her hair lightly.

"He was so close to dying Caterina. Matthias. That's Iris' brother and your future husband for goodness sake! He's practically Marcello's son! I-I can't face him." She cried. I ignored the comment about Matthias and me and hugged her tightly.

"Hey stop thinking about that okay? Matthias is alive Zara. He's alive. We all forgave you a long time ago. There's no point thinking about it." I reassured her and she shook her head.

"I'm a murderer Caterina. A cold blooded murderer." She whispered. I heard the pain behind her voice and my heart broke for her.

"It's going to take a while to forgive yourself Zara, but theres no point thinking about it if everyone else has forgave you. You will always regret this, of course you will, you're human. You just had to do what you had to, to stay alive and look you've got a son now. You did all this and came so far to make sure your son had the best life. Focus on him Zara." I pointed out and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you." She replied and I pecked her cheek.
"Do you want to go see him?" I asked her, referring to Matthias and she froze and gulped. She shook her head in response.
"I-I'm not ready yet." She said and I nodded.
"That's fine. All in your own time now okay? Try coming out of your room Zara. Everyone's missing you. We don't hate you, so get that thought out of your mind." I said and she nodded.

"I'm just going to catch up on some sleep. Do you mind looking after Angelo a little while longer please?" She asked.
"Of course, get however much sleep you need, I'll pop in later to give Angelo back." I replied, giving her last hug. She kissed Angelo and whispered 'I love you' to him before snuggling into her bed. I closed the door quietly behind me.

Angelo had started to become even more fussier, probably at the fact that he had just seen his mum. I cautiously looked at him as he started wailing. I winced and walked away from Zara's room, to not wake her up.
"Don't cry, shhhh Angelo. Come on now." I pleaded as he wailed even harder. I bounced him up and down but he didn't stop crying.

The door behind me opened and I swivelled around.
"He's at it again." Marcello joked as he appeared in Matthias' doorway.
"I have no clue what to do." I sighed and lightly patted Angelo's back. This seemed to calm him down and he looked at Marcello, his eyes widening.
"I don't know about you Caterina, but he seems to have stopped crying at the sight of me." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes your appearance seems to scare babies too apparently." I joked and he chuckled, pinching Angelo's cheek.
"You should go in there, show Angelo to Matthias." He suggested and I faltered.
I-I don't think that's a good idea." I stammered and he crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"And why not?" He questioned.
"It's not- I just don't think that I should show him Angelo, maybe Ethan should." I mumbled, looking at the floor as Marcello stared at me. He knew when I was lying.
"Nonsense Caterina. You're here right now with Angelo, you should go in. Besides, I think Matthias must be a little bit confused at hearing a baby cry in the villa." He retorted and I sighed. My eyes slid over to Matthias' room and only just realised that the door was slightly open.

He could hear what we've been saying.

"Just go in there Caterina. He's been asking for you." Mumbled Marcello and my eyes snapped to him.
"What?!" I said a bit too loudly and winced.
"Well not directly, but when I came to visit him he was sleeping. He was mumbling your name in his sleep Caterina." He said quietly in my ear as my kissed my forehead and left.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. I could easily retreat back to my room and look after Angelo myself, or I could...

Go in his room and meet Matthias' wrath.
Yep. Brilliant plan.

I sighed and looked at his door.

Screw it.

A/N:Wow I updated Ik!💀Stay safe!Hope you guys enjoyed!Vote! Comment! Share!Until then

A/N:
Wow I updated Ik!💀
Stay safe!
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then