Chapter 39| Questions

"Do you think he'll go if he gets accepted?" Genevieve asks, slurping her coffee.

I shrug, "If not I'll make him. I haven't told him about us getting accepted into Colorado because I don't want him to choose that school just because I'm going there."

We start walking to Genevieve's car still talking about our college plans.

"Have you decided what school you're going to?" I slowly drag my feet along the pavement. Genevieve cringes at the sound it makes, shaking her head in disgust.

"Two years at the fashion institute of technology and then two years at Pratt Institute." She says proudly. "The best part is that they accepted me on their own. My parents didn't have to bribe people this time!"

Before I can even process what she just said she changes the subject. "How are you going to tell Grayson about your school?"

"I'll let him tell me his choice and then I'll tell him mine. It'll be too late for him to change right?" I squeak. "I just don't want him to go to Colorado just because I'm going there. Unless he loves that school." I pick up my pace as we get to her car.

"Any plans for prom yet? Do you even have a dress?" Genevieve clicks her seatbelt in then starts her car.

"I think we're not going to do that whole proposal stuff, prom is next month already and he hasn't asked me. I could easily ask him myself which I will next time I see him but I'll ask him regularly. As for my dress, I have one in mind I just need to get paid again and I'll go buy it." I answer.

Genevieve takes out her phone then shows me a picture. I look closely at it and see Genevieve wearing a light dress. I squint trying to see the exact color and I hear her chuckle.

"It's like a light gold color. I bought it last week!" She squeals.

"It's gorgeous!" I smile at the photo. The dress looks stunning on her. It compliments her hair color and skin tone perfectly.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket but I ignore it as I give Genevieve her phone back.

I rest my head against the headrest, closing my eyes as the setting sun hits my face. Genevieve slightly opens the windows, letting the cool and hit us.

She's driving me straight home since she has to meet her parents for dinner or something. Grayson's at home studying for a test. We've stopped our tutoring sessions since I've kept my A in math for a few months.

My feet kind of hurt from all the walking at the mall. A bath sounds nice right now. A nice hot yet sort of warm bath.

"We're here!" Genevieve stops the car. I slightly groan and open my eyes.

"This isn't my hou-"

Before I can finish my sentence Genevieve has already gotten out of the car. I roll my eyes, getting out of the car.

"Why are we in a park, Genevieve?" I look around the empty parking lot.

"Shut up and follow me." She rushes into the trail way near the bushes. I follow her and feel myself face walking. She's walking way too fast for me.

"Why are there fairy lights? Is that even legal? Can't that cause a fire?" I look at the bushes with lights in them.

She stops and puts her hand over my eyes.

"What are you doing?!" I put out my hands for guidance. She giggles and starts walking us forward.

"You're going to ruin my makeup!" I try my best to pry her hands away.

We finally stop and she takes a deep breath. "You ready, Sel?"

"Ready for what?" I groan.

She takes away her hands and says, "This."

A small gasp leaves my lips.

"Holy shit," I whisper to myself.

There are fake lit candles along the gazebo and a trail of rose petals. They trial to the center where Grayson is standing with a single red rose in his hand.

I hover my hand over my mouth, looking over my shoulder to see that Genevieve's disappeared.

I walk up to Grayson with a big smile on my face. We exchange a quick kiss and I ask, "What's all of this?"

He sets down the rose on the railing then takes my hands in his.

"I didn't want to ask you this with a homemade sign that would end up in the trash later on. I wanted everything to be perfect, and Genevieve told me you're a hopeless romantic." He takes a deep breath and I can practically hear his heart beating.

"Will you go to prom with me?" He asks, his cheeks slowly starting to hint a bright red.

I cup his face and gently place my lips against his. I never imagined getting asked to prom this way. I didn't expect to even get asked. I just assumed that we'd go together either way because we're a couple.

His soft lips are the perfect mold for mine as they move in sync. He starts trailing his hands down when I push them away.

"We're in public." I laugh as I pull away. He smiles, kissing my forehead.

"I love you." He holds my hand close as he looks me in the eyes. His eyes are greener today with specks of brown.

"I love you," I mumble.

The shy boy from math classOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara