Chapter 25| Girls day

It's been twenty-four hours since I confessed my feelings to Grayson. Does that even count? I mean he is in a coma.

He hasn't woken up yet. The more these days pass, the more it gets closer to the one month. Not gonna lie, I'm scared shitless. I've tried convincing his parents to extend the month, but they don't want to see their son in pain anymore.

I can't imagine what they must be going through. If their son doesn't wake up in a week, then they'll have to put their only child to rest. Doesn't that sound depressing?

I get up from my bed and rub my temples, I hiss at a big headache I have. I walk downstairs and pour myself some cereal. I drag my feet to the table and eat them without milk.

Someone barges in through the front door, making me jump.

"Sorry did I scare you?" Genevieve tilted her head, sitting next to me.

"You can't just barge in my house like that every day, Gen." I put a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

She furrows her eyebrows at my bowl and stares up at me. "Dry cereal, Selena? How much is this Grayson stuff affecting you?"

It's like going through two heartbreaks back to back. Just as I thought I was finally over Calvin, Grayson got into an accident.

I roll my eyes and start getting annoyed. "Enough with Grayson! Everything I do has to be about Grayson."

"I just said that because you said you hated dry cereal," Genevieve mumbled.

"Well, I needed to get that off my chest anyway." I pout, crossing my arms.

Genevieve started fidgeting with her hands and tapping her foot. "Gaby apologized to me."

"What?" I shoot my head up.

"She texted me a bunch of paragraphs explaining that what she did was wrong and how she's deeply sorry and non-important shit." She rolls her eyes and throws her hand like a diva.

"Oh god, do you think she'll want to do the same to me?" I furrow my eyebrow.

Genevieve shrugs. "She's probably scared you'll slap her again or something."

I giggled and went back to eating my cereal.

"I'm sure he'll wake up, sweetheart." My mom cupped my cheek and gave me her reassuring smile. Feeling her 'motherly love' really makes me feel like everything is okay.

I softly smile and sit down. "Everyone keeps saying that, but he hasn't woken up."

"You just have to stop thinking about it. He'll wake up when you least expect it." She sips out of her coffee mug.

"But I've been expecting it. It's about to be a month, I've been expecting him to wake up for almost a month." I whine and run my hands through my hair.

"You need to get out and have a girls day with Genevieve, get your mind off things. You can't let someone in a coma control your life for this long, Selena." My mom crossed her arms and glared.

"Yeah, fine, I'll go tell Genevieve. And he is not controlling my life." I sigh and drag my feet to my room.

Me: My mom's making me go out tomorrow so we're going to the mall, like it or not.

Beep, beep.

Genevieve: I'm supposed to be telling you that!

I put on some skinny jeans with a gray hoodie. I quickly put on mascara then call it a day.

Genevieve and I walked around the mall and bought a few outfits. We went to the food court and got pizza.

"Today has been really fun, Sel." Genevieve smiled, stuffing pizza into her mouth.

I smiled at her and wiped my mouth. "Okay, we need to go to forever 21 and get those jeans on sale, then we can go to American Eagle and see what kind of sale they have, and lastly we can go into Charlotte Russe and look at all their fun t-shirts."

"Let me finish first." She laughed with her mouth full.

"Ugh, that is so disgusting." I furrow my eyebrows and chuckle.

After Genevieve finished her food we went to forever 21. We then went to all American Eagle and Charlotte Russe. By the time we're done our hands are full of shopping bags. Genevieve and I start heading back to her car when my phone starts buzzing. Genevieve gives me a 'pick it up' look and so I do.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Selena!"

"Elle! Hey, how are you? How's Grayson?" I smile, knowing she can't see me.

"He woke up!"

Before Elle starts to talk more I drop my phone and feel my body go numb. Genevieve's head shoots towards me and stares at me in shock. She picks up my phone in a hurry and started shaking my shoulder. "Selena, what happened?!"

"G-Grayson." I gulped. "H-He w-woke up."

Her expression changes to mine and we both stand in the parking lot speechless. I hear Elle from my phone so I quickly press it against my ear against.

"Selena? Are you okay?" Elle asks with worry.

"Y-Yeah. So uh you said he woke up?" I gulp.

"He did! He's insisting on seeing you. Do you think you can maybe stop by-"

"Yes! Yes, I'll be there!" I blurt out before she can finish.

I quickly dash to the car and hang up the phone. Genevieve follows behind me and gets in the driver's side. "To the hospital?" She asks.

I feel like I can't even speak. I nod, feeling my heart start to beat faster.