Chapter 41| Welcome to the world

"Selena." Grayson calls out. I look up and see him rushing to me. I smile in relief, getting up from the uncomfortable chair. The waiting room is empty besides the guy sleeping in the corner with his cap over his eyes.

"Hey." I reach out my arms, pulling him into a hug.

Grayson's soft lips meet mine as he cups my face. He catches me off guard but I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck. I remember that we're in a public place and pull away. I turn pink and we both smile at each other.

He pulls me in for a hug and rests his head on top of mine. "I missed you today."

We rocked side to side slowly and enjoyed the moment. "How was experiencing childbirth for the first time like?"

"Traumatizing." I gulp. I pull away from our hug, "When we go through all of that, I'm letting you know now that it won't be pretty."

"We?" His small smiles slowly starts getting bigger.

My heart slightly drops when he asks that. I didn't even realize I said 'we'. I mean I hope we do experience that together. Grayson and I haven't even talked about marriage. We're legal adults we could be married right now if we wanted to.

"Yeah," I take his hands, gently kissing his lips. "We."

Our moment gets interrupted by Genevieve rushing into the waiting room. She smiles once she sees us and asks, "Do you know if we can go see the baby? I called Scarlett, she's parking the car."

"I think so," I look up at the clock. "It's been an hour, I'm sure they're cleaned up."

After Scarlett comes in we all make our way to the infant floor. The elevator ride was a few seconds long and Grayson and I get out last. He throws his arm over my shoulder while I wrap my arm around his torso.

"So are we having a boy or a girl first?" Hs asks.

"Either or is fine." I joke. "All I know is that we're going to love that baby so much. Just imagine a little mixture of us running around. Doesn't that sound fun?"

"It does," he hums. "But like you said, not for another five years or so."

"Do you have a name yet?" Scarlett holds the baby in her arms and rocking it back and forth. It's been a few hours since Gaby had the baby and she and Calvin still don't have a name picked. Visiting hours end in thirty minutes and our little group is trying to soak all of this in for the day.

"We really like the name, Issac James." Gaby smiles.

She and Calvin look at all of us for an answer when Genevieve says, "He's your baby, if the name feels right then it's settled."

Gaby and Calvin link hands, simply nodding at each other.

"Welcome to the world, Isaac James Adams." I cooed.

We all stayed with Gaby, asking her how she's feeling so far about everything. "We wished you could've gone to prom with us." I smiled.

We talked about Gaby and Calvin's plans now that they have a baby to care for.

After the nurse came in, we all huddled against the bed and asked for a picture. Gaby and Calvin and Isaac alone and then a picture of Grayson, Genevieve, Scarlett, and I with them. After that, we all said goodbye then started making our way to the parking lot.

I look down at my phone, smiling at the picture.

Calvin and Gaby are holding Issac on the bed while Grayson and I are on Gaby's side of the bed and Scarlett and Gen are on Calvin's side. I think Gaby has the brightest smile in the picture. She seemed so at peace to have her friends by her side today.

Grayson walks me to my car, opening the door for me. "So about the whole 'having kids together'," He hums. "Do we get married before or after?"

I sit down in my car, setting my phone in the cupholder. "Ideally I want to get married first, but if we don't it's fine."

He closes the car door for me and I start the car, rolling down the window.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He leans his head in, kissing my cheek.

The drive home felt like forever. All I could think about was the guilt of me not telling Grayson that I chose a school already. I mean I'm not obligated to tell him. I hope Yale accepts him. He deserves it. I'm pretty sure his essay was about his coma and recovery, can't they accept him out of sympathy?

I wrote my college essay about my life turning upside down in two months. I found out I got cheated on in October and Grayson was in a coma the whole month of November.

Worst two months of my life ever.

Would we even work as a couple if we were in the same school? There are probably thousands of new girls in Colorado state. There has to be at least one girl he finds more attractive than me.

I need to get all this school stuff out of my mind. Prom is in a few weeks, I should focus on that. The prom is being held at a banquet hall inside a hotel. Of course, there's going to be teenagers lined up to get a room for an after-party or other stuff.

Genevieve and I were thinking of getting a room together with our dates but I don't think I want to hear Genevieve having discreet sex.

I still need to pick up my heels and start picking out makeup looks.

The night feels like it's so far away then before I know it, it's tomorrow.