Chapter 5| Deny deny deny

I have another tutor session with Grayson today. That should be fun. Oh hey, Grayson, yeah I had a dream about you, yeah you were taking my virginity!

"You've all lost your virginities, why am I having a dream about losing mine?" I ask, looking at all three of them.

"What makes you think we already lost them?" Genevieve acted offended.

"Well," I look around at the surrounding lunch tables and make sure no ones looking over at us. "Gaby's...you know. Scarlett, you were the first and you told us the day after it happened. And Gen you told me right after!"

"I didn't have any dreams. It just happened unexpectedly." Gen shrugged.

Scarlett and Gaby nodded their heads and continued eating.

"I think you just like him." Scarlett chuckled.

"Stop, I want him off my mind." I cover my face.

"Dump my brother, go for the cute smart boy. Please!" Scarlett begs. I chuckle at her and stab my plastic spork through the salad.

"Do you understand it now?" Grayson chuckled.

I shook my head and stared at the problem.

"I can't do this. I was doing so good last unit! I don't know what the hell happened." I panic.

"Selena, you're fine." Grayson laughed at the sight of me being dramatic. "What'd you get on your test?"

"A B minus," I mumble.

His eyes light up and he grins. "Selena that's awesome!"

"It's whatever." I shake it off and continue to look at the problem. Maybe if I look at it long enough it'll solve itself.

I glance over and meet his eyes. He's concentrated on me. I stare at him for a second before going back to my math problem.

"Could you help me with this problem?" I point to it with my pencil.

Grayson gets back to reality, "I'm sorry what?"

"Can you help me with this problem?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Right." He hesitates.

He tried helping me the best he could with math homework and I slowly started understanding them.

Grayson started to clean up the table and I admired him a little.

"So, any updates on your little problem?"

I shake my head no. "Expect, Calvin didn't even know Gaby was pregnant. So that means he obviously isn't the dad, right?"

"I don't know, maybe?" He shrugs.

"You're supposed to be telling me everything's okay and Calvin never cheated." I groan.

"Selena, I don't know anything for the better." He sits next to me again.

"Yeah I know but it'd be nice to get some actual advice from someone. It's not like I could tell my mom. She'd tell Gaby's mom that she's pregnant. I think she's going to get rid of it and that's why her parents don't know. Shit, I don't know." I groan.

We stand up and push in our chairs. Grayson and I start walking outside and we continue talking mostly about "my problem".

"Back in Georgia, there wasn't much drama per se. Then again I minded my business and had two friends overall." He says.

"Up till this year, my friends and I never went through any of drama. The most dramatic thing that had happen to us was Scarlett finding out her twin brother was dating one of her best friends." I still remember that day like it was yesterday.

Calvin and I had been together a month and we still snuck behind Scarlett's back. I remember how guilty I felt when I first kissed him. It was October and we were all at a haunted house. Scarlett had dragged Calvin because he was the only one that had their license at the time. We all went into a haunted house and the next thing I knew I was tightly grabbing onto Calvin's hand.

Of course, no one saw us since it was mostly dark in there. While the girls went to go get food I went to the bathroom and when I came out Calvin was waiting right outside. We hid in the middle of an ally and we kissed.

We didn't make it official until a week later.

Scarlett found out because Genevieve let it slip and I had never seen Scarlett so mad. Her whole face was pink when she walked into Calvin's room and found us together. We weren't doing anything except watching a movie while cuddling.

She got over it in a few days but I think she still feels iffy on the whole thing.

We get outside and start walking to our cars that are parked right next to each other.

"See you tomorrow." I smile and wave at him as I get into my car. I live ten minutes away from the library but due to the small traffic, I got home in fifteen.

I drag my feet along the concrete and turn the doorknob. I didn't see either of my parents' cars in the driveway so I'm guessing they're running a little late?

I walk in and make direct eye contact with Calvin. My little sister Cora sighs in relief and claps her hands together. "Thank god you're here! Your boyfriend insisted on waiting here for you to come home."

She waves and then dashes her way upstairs.

I furrow my eyebrow and watch as Calvin gets up from the couch. "We need to talk."

That's never good. "Is there something wrong?"

I stand in front of him and he takes a deep breath. "Gaby told me about your little dream."

I make a disgusted face and step away from him.

"Really Selena? You're dreaming about fucking other guys? What the fuck!?" He squeaks.

"Why are you always talking about Gaby huh? 'Gaby this' 'Gaby told me' 'Gaby Gaby Gaby'. What are you guys fucking or something?" I feel my blood boiling.

"No don't try and change the subject. Why are you fucking guys in your dreams? Why are you fucking him out of all guys?" He asks loudly.

"Gaby doesn't know what the hell she's talking about because I never said that!" One thing I've learned over the years is no matter what; deny, deny, deny.

"Just wait until I put my hands on him-"

"Don't you dare lay a hand on him! I will break up with you right now if you even say anything like that! You're fucking crazy, Calvin! Grayson doesn't know anything about this." I shout.

"Grayson? Who said anything about Grayson?" I see his face slowly turn emotions.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck!

"I-I-"

"Just as I thought." He scoffs.

"Calvin I didn't mean it. It's just-"

"I need space, Selena! I just need space." He walks to the door and slams the door shut.

God Selena, what kind of dumbass are you? Why the fuck did I say his name! I'll die if Grayson ever finds out I dreamt about him.