Chapter 11| The truth hurts

"I am so so sorry, Selena. This was never meant to happen. I should've never let myself get this far. I was stupid and desperate. I'm sorry!" He pleads.

I sniffle and feel the big lump in my throat. "I can't believe you. You got my friend pregnant. You got another girl pregnant, Calvin! You praised about being me being loyal to you and you pull this shit? You're such a fucking hypocrite!"

"I know and I'm sorry! Please. Let's get out of here and I'll explain everything!" He begs.

I take a step back and shake my head no. "I should've never gotten back together with you." I scoff and let out a small laugh. "How could I be so dumb? I actually thought- - I actually thought you meant every word you said. I thought we were ready to start over again."

"We still can-"

"You got her pregnant! What don't you understand about that? You have a baby on the way, Calvin. You can't keep pulling all this shit and expect me to forgive you." I say loudly.

"How could you do this to me?" I ask Gaby. She's just as a wreck as I am. I don't know why she's crying. Because she got caught? She feels bad? I don't know and I don't care.

"He was going to pay me off. This was supposed to be between me and him. I never wanted to hurt you like this, Selena. It was a one-time thing that I'll always regret. But I wasn't about to end my baby's life for a mistake I did. I'm so sorry about all of this but it's not the baby's fault." She gulps.

"You were going to pay her off?" I turn to Calvin. "God, Calvin how much of an asshole can you be? What if that was me, huh? What if I was the pregnant one? You would've paid me off too?"

"Selena I was doing it for us! She'd keep the baby a secret and we'd still be together."

"You just wanted to fuck me from the very beginning. You never loved me! I was convinced I was going to marry you just for you to cheat on me? I-I-I fucking hate you!" I squeak.

Genevieve puts her hand on my shoulder and I push it away.

"I think it's time we go-"

"Leave me alone, Gen. I love you for everything you've done for me so far but please- - leave me alone," I mumble.

"I'm not leaving you with these two traitors." She says.

"Just go!" I shout.

I watch as she walks out of the room and I wipe more tears from my eyes.

"I hate both of you. I never want to see both of your faces ever again." I manage to say boldly.

"You don't mean that." Calvin tries to take my hand.

I smack my arm across his chest and say, "Don't you dare try to sweet talk me! Use that shit with your new victim but not with me. Don't even try to come by my fucking house! I'll call the cops and get a restraining order, I don't care! We're done. I don't want to ever see you again!"

"And you," I look at Gaby. "I really thought we were friends. Congrats on your baby but fuck you. Fuck you and your jerk of a baby daddy. Don't ever try to talk to me again. Both of you!"

Before seeing their full reactions I storm out of the room and rush down the stairs. I ignore the many stares and ignore Genevieve calling after me.
I wipe the tears on my cheeks and feel my eyes getting puffier by the second.

I race out of the house and into my car. I feel the cool air hit me as I race walk to my car.

"Selena wait!" I hear Genevieve's heels tapping behind me.

Once I reach my car door I feel her hand on my shoulder pulling me to face her. I reach into my pocket and place a fifty in her hand. "Take a taxi home, Genevieve. I just want to be alone."

I get into my car and jam my keys into the lock and start my car. Genevieve stands there speechless and I mouth an 'I'm sorry' at her before driving off.

After driving for a few minutes I stop at a stop sign and pull out my phone. I scroll through my contacts and wait impatiently as the line rings.

"Selena? Selena are you okay? What happened?"

"Can I come over? I have nowhere to go, Grayson." I cry out.

"Where are you? I'll come get you." He asks.

"No! It's fine. Just give me your address. Please." I bite on my tongue to stop more tears from falling out.

As I pull into his empty driveway I see Grayson leaning by his door, watching me as I pull in. I quickly get out of the car and awkwardly walk up to him. His eyes widen when he sees my face and I internally thank the porch light for exposing me.

"Why are you out here?" I choke.

"I was waiting for you." He puts his hand on my shoulder and I instantly hug him. He's caught by surprise but hugs me back.

His hugs feel different from Calvin's. They feel more-
- genuine. Warmer. I feel safe in his arms.

I bite my tongue again in hopes of not crying and he opens the front door. "Let's go inside before the neighbors start thinking I'm weird."

He takes me inside and I see the tv playing. The couch has a blanket on it with a bowl of popcorn next to it. He closes the door behind him and disappears into his kitchen. I look around his living room and see all the family photos on the walls.

Some of them are family pictures and some are school photos of Grayson.

"Here." He walks in and holds out a glass of water.

I thank him and take the cold glass in my hand. I sit down on the couch and he sits next to me.

"So what happened?" He asks.

The recent memories start to flood in my head and I feel the need to burst into tears. I take a long sip of water and look down at the floor.

"The rumors were true." I sigh. "Scarlett was drunk and she just blurted it out. I went upstairs and found them together. I burst into tears and the truth just came it."

I dig my nails into the palms of my hands and concentrate on the floor so I don't start bawling.

"You can let it all out, Selena." He says.

I shake my head no and flutter my lashes. "I don't think I'll be able to even open my eyes tomorrow if I do."

He scoots closer to me and wraps his arms around me. I sink into his chest and feel a few tears slip out. Before I know it I'm crying again. The type of crying where it's hard to be quiet about it.

Even though my nose feels completely stuffed, I can still smell his cologne. It smells way different than Calvin's. He's very different from Calvin. Very different.

"I can't believe he cheated on me, Grayson." I cry.

He rubs my back and shushes me. "None of this is your fault, Selena."

"Yes, it is." I cry. "If I had just lost my virginity to him earlier none of this would've happened. He got tired of fucking waiting and just did it with my friend instead."

"It's good you didn't. You should never let anyone pressure you into something you don't want to do." He continues rubbing my back.

I pull away and look at him. He wipes tears away from my eyes with his thumb and I notice his hazel eyes from behind his glasses.

I look at the clock behind him and see that it's almost one in the morning. He grabs the blanket from behind me and wraps it around me. He pulls the seats into a recliner and I chuckle.

I snuggle again this chest and he pulls the blanket over both of us. I draw all types of shapes into his chest with my finger and he twirls my curls in between his fingers.