Chapter 44| Best night of our lives

I lightly spray setting spray over my face and letting it set in for a second. I fix up my hair then spray a light mist of perfume over me. I tried my best to do a full glam look without looking like a different person. Jimmy put my hair in an updo with two front strands of hair falling near my face. I put on a gold necklace with pearl earrings that belong to my mom.

"Selena! Hurry up I think Grayson's here!" My mom shouts up the stairs. I quickly grab my mini backpack, gently placing my bra and underwear in there with a couple few things.

I haven't talked about getting a room with Grayson but if we don't get one we'll probably go back to his house.

"Coming!" I yell back. I apply one more coat of lipgloss then slowly make my way down the stairs. My mother gasps once she sees me. She fans her face with her hand and chokes out, "You look so beautiful!"

"Don't cry, Ma." I giggle.

The doorbell goes off and we both shoot our heads towards it. "And I think that's your date!"

My dad goes over to open the door as my mom brings out the camera.

I finally see Grayson walk in and his eyes speak for himself. He quickly looks me up and down with a big grin on his face. "You look gorgeous!"

We decide not to kiss with my whole family watching so we go outside where my mom starts to take our pictures.

A few minutes later I hear Genevieve cheering from afar. Grayson and I look over to see her sticking out of the limos rooftop. She hollers as the limo gets closer and we cheer back.

"Get in bitches, we're going to prom!" She cheers. "Oh hey, Mr. and Mrs. Rojas! Hey Cora!"

Grayson helps me get into the limo which is lit up with colorful lights with a side table that has plastic champagne glasses and a few drinks.

We greet Everett and Genevieve turns up the music.

We sing along to the songs that blast through the speakers and drink who knows out of the plastic cups. I'm pretty sure it was just sparkling water.

After half an hour the limo comes to a stop.

"We're here!" Genevieve squeals, looking out the window. The limo parks right in front of the entrance which is surrounded by balloons.

Genevieve's makeup is full glam and her hair is just like it was at her parent's anniversary party. Big curls that compliment her face.

The driver opens up the door, immediately letting the cool air stream in. Genevieve and Everett go first then Grayson and I. Genevieve thanks the driver and we walk inside. Grayson wraps his arm around my torso, "You look so beautiful, Sel."

I blush, whispering back, "You look so handsome, Grayson."

We finally get inside the banquet hall theater filled with many people on the dance floor. We dance to a few songs before sitting down to eat dinner.

"For our school's budget, this food is amazing!" Genevieve moans as she shoved another spoonful of food into her mouth.

I laugh at her as she keeps stuffing more food in her mouth.

I lean back on my chair once I finish my food, immediately feeling bloated.

I grab Grayson's hand and drag him to the photo booth to get a picture before my makeup gets ruined. We take photos in the traditional prom pose with bright smiles on our faces.

"A slow song!" I grab Grayson's hand making him stand up, "Let's go dance."