Chapter 40| Change of plans

One week later...

"Yes babe, I'll be over there in about an hour with the food." I chuckle as I hold out a shirt in front of me. "I'm just shopping for a little before I go over."

"Selena?"

I look up and see the one person I did not expect to see here.

"Gray, I'll call you back." I quickly say before hanging up. I put the shirt back on the rack then put on my fake smile.

"Gaby! Hey! What are you doing here?" I squeak.

She walks over to me -but her walk is now more of a waddle- and that's when I see her big bump. My eyes slightly widen once I get a full view. It looks like a basketball has taken over her stomach. She's wearing a blue shirt that's starting to look tight around her bump.

She looks different besides her bump. She used to have long hair before she got pregnant. Now it's up to her shoulders and she has bangs. I personally think that bangs don't always look good on everyone but they actually look amazing on her.

"Look at you!" I say in awe. "How far along are you?"

"Exactly thirty-seven weeks today." She smiles as she rests her hand under her bump.

"Scarlett told me you guys are expecting a boy! Congratulations!" I grin.

"Thank you! Enough about me, how are you and Grayson?" She smiles.

"We're great. He asked me to prom last week in such a simple yet romantic way." I smile to myself remembering that day.

"That's amazing. You two look so in love. I'm happy for you, Selena!" She warmly smiles.

What is up with everyone being so happy for me? I've gotten over the whole Calvin situation. Why can't everyone else?

"I'm actually doing last-minute baby clothes shopping, want to join?" She asks.

Shit.

"Uh I'm meeting Grayson in like forty-five minutes, is that enough time?" I hope she gets the hint that half of me doesn't want to join.

"Sure! I only need to pick a few outfits."

We make our way to the baby section and start scanning the racks for anything we like.

"Do you guys have a name yet?" I ask as I hold up a few baby outfit sets.

"Not really. Calvin and I are sure we have time before we have to pick it out. We have a couple written down but none of them have felt true to us." She scans the racks for baby onesies.

Once she has a handful of baby clothes we start making our way to the register. We're walking through the store when I look down at my phone.
I have fifteen more minutes. Perfect.

"Scarlett told me you guys have an apartment now. That sounds excit-"

I hear water splashing that makes me stop talking. Gaby grips my shoulder tightly and lightly gasps. I look at her and she's slightly crouching down. She's looking down at the floor and I follow her gaze.

There's a clear puddle underneath her. "Oh did you pee yourself?" I ask.

Then it hits me.

She didn't pee herself.

"Oh," I gulp. "Oh! Gaby, we need to leave right now!"

She looks up at me with fear in her eyes. I take the clothes in her hand and set them down on a table nearby. Gaby clutches my arm as we start walking to the exit.