Chapter One

I'm a wallflower. I see things, I understand, and I keep it to myself. I'm antisocial, because I'm really shy. I moved to the small town of Blue Ridge, Louisiana about a few weeks ago. My mom got remarried and I've lived with her all my whole life, but my step father decided to kick me out. So, I went to live with my dad. My parents divorced when I was really little, so I hadn't seen him in awhile. I had to pack my things, and move all the way across the country from Pasadena, California.

Let me tell you right now, there's a lot of strange things that happen in this town. A lot of secrets people keep, that I know all about. Let's just say the people here aren't exactly normal.
~*~

It all started on my first day, just after my plane landed. It was noon and I had just gotten off the plane. I walked into the airport and looked around for my dad. He was fairly tall, he had brown hair, a scruffy chin, brown eyes, and glasses. I stood on the bench and looked around the airport. I spotted him standing next to the vending machines. I walked over to him.

"Hey dad," I greeted.

"Allison? Is that you?" He questioned.

"Uh, yeah," I answered.

"You look so grown up!" He exclaimed."My baby girl grew up!"

"I guess people change when you haven't seen them since they were four," I muttered.

"Do you want a snack? Are you hungry?" He asked.

"No thanks, I'm fine," I replied.

"Well, then let's get going," he explained.

We left the airport and walked across the parking lot. Dad drove a blue, old pick up truck. I opened the door to the passenger side, and got in. He also got in and started the car. We drove out of the parking lot and down the road.

"So, how are you? What's new?" Dad asked.

"I'm fine," I muttered.

"What do you like to do?" He started."Play any sports?"

"I used to play soccer, but I got bored of it. Now, I just do cross country," I explained.

"That's cool," he said. "Your in 10th grade, right?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Okay good, I enrolled you in Adkins High school," he explained.

"Sounds good," I said.

"Oh look, we're here," he explained.

It was in the middle of a suburb. It was a two story, grayish house. Dad pulled into the drive way and stopped the car. I got out and got my bags from the trunk. I took them inside the house.

The kitchen was straight ahead and the living room was on the left. There were stairs next to the door. Dad showed me to my room. It was the third door on the left. There was a bed straight ahead and a dresser next to it. There was also desk and a closet. I unpacked my things and went down to the kitchen.

"So, what do you want for dinner?"Dad asked.

"I don't care," I answered.

"How about we order pizza?" He questioned.

"Sure, whatever," I muttered.

"Okay then," he started. "It should be here in around 10 minutes."

I walk away, and into the living room. It's fairly small. There is a light brown couch up against the wall, TV across from couch, and a coffee table in the middle. I plopped down on the couch, and I grabbed the remote. I turn the tv on. It was on a local channel, channel 3. There was breaking news about strange event that have been happen.

I watched it for awhile. Apparently, there had been strange sightings in the woods and the highways of weird creatures. I didn't usually believe in superstitions or legends, because they were all big hoaxs that people obsessed over. To me, it was a waste of time.

Just then, the pizza guy came and I turned off the TV. I went into the kitchen. Dad handed me a plate, and I got a piece of pizza.

"What do you like to drink?" He asked.

"Um, Sprite, please," I replied.

He goes over to the fridge, then tossed me a Sprite. I opened it and drank it. We mostly sat there in silence the whole time.

"So, are you excited about your new school?" Dad questions breaking the silence.

"I don't know, I guess," I answer.

I was more on the edge of being terrified. I had a fear of rejection and social anxiety. Going to a new school in the middle of the semester was not going to go well for me.

"Don't worry, it will be okay," he reassured.

I give him a small smile and put my dishes away. Then, I went to my room. I got my iPod out of my bag, and put in my ear phones. I turned up Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day really loudly, then I fell asleep.
~*~
A/N
Hello there! Thank you for deciding to read my story:) I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to follow, comment, and vote! Thanks!

-Writergirl_33