Chapter 24

Kehlani's POV:

I was in that weird phase thas  right between being asleep and waking up. After a few minutes I slowly opened my eyes. I was in my bed. I looked to my side. It was just my phone. I sat up and took a glance at myself in the mirror. I was still in the dress from last night, my hair was damn near matted, and my makeup- fuck my makeup is still on. I'm definitely going to break out.

My memory was still a little hazy. I layed back down and recalled the events of last night.

Narrator's POV:

The curly haired boy explored what he could of her body through her dress while she let her hands roam his hair. He parted their lips for the first time in God knows how long to leave kisses on her neck.
"Lets go to the backseat" she spoke in a hushed tone.

Her words immediately excited the boy. He picked her up and over the armrest and layed her down and in no time their lips became reacquainted.

"Hold on" he said in between kisses. He parted their lips again and looked through the glove compartment.

"Fuck" he said under his breath.

"What?" She asked.

"I don't have a con-" he stopped and looked at her. Running mascara still stained her face from when a little less than an hour ago she was sitting in his passenger seat crying because of something he caused. He felt immediate guilt and all of a sudden his intentions with her didn't sit right with him.

"I don't have a lighter."

The two returned to the front of the car and back to their seats. As she tried to fix her appearance in the visor mirror, he drove around looking for a place that sold a lighter so he didn't look stupid.

"I'm trying to get fucked up" she spoke.

"Word?"

"Yeah. And I think it's safe to say both of us need it. I think there's a liquor store at the end of this block."

"Bet. I got my fake on me."

They pulled over and he got out. While he was in the store, she got a call from her dad.

"Hello?"

"Hey princess. What's up with y'all?"

"Uh nothing. We're about to go..get ice cream." She lied.

"Ok. Are y'all having a good time?"

"Yup." Yikes. Having to talk about her date was hindering her from executing her plan to forget that it even happened.

"That's good. Well just wanted to check on you. And tell that lil nigga if he tries anything imma kill him. Goodnight."

She let out a small laugh at his comment but thinking about what happened earlier left her a little hurt. She anxiously waited for Fayzo to hurry up and return with whatever it was he was buying. If she needed to get fucked up it was now more than ever.

He came out of the store with a black plastic bag and a look of relief on his face. He came back into the car and revealed the contents of the bag. He pulled out a bottle of Hennessy, a lighter, and a pack of backwoods.