Chapter 7

Fayzo's POV:

While Kehlani was whining about going home, I hear some shit poppin off on the other side of the room. I thought it was a fight so I was ready to break whatever it was up but I was wrong. I seen the same nigga from the other night and his folks strolling down the block. We all knew exactly what they were trying to do. They were tryna catch us lackin at our trap. I seen some niggas reach for they straps.

"What's going on". Shit. Kehlani.

Somebody was either getting shot or killed. I know for a fact there are niggas in this room who killed people before. Some niggas already running out the apartment. But I can't leave her.

"Fuck. Put the edibles and shit in here" I say handing her a duffle bag from under the couch. At this point everybody left the apartment but us. I was not about to let nothing happen to her.

We put everything in the bag and I could hear yelling coming from the out the window.

"Can you tell me what the fuck is going on?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP Kehlani!". I grab her arm and run to the stair well. We run all the way down till we reach a door that's gon lead us to the back of the building.

I hand her the bag and say " wait right here aight. Don't move. Imma bring the car and we finna dip."

Kehlani's POV:

Fayzo just left me. He just left me in the stair well of a sketchy ass apartment with gun shots going off outside. I want to cry. I should of never agreed to do this shit. I should of called the cops on his ass.

While I sit on the floor and cry thinking these were my last moments, he texts me telling to go outside but to crawl. What the hell? I start balling but I grab the bag and crawl out the door and to his car. Once he saw the state that I was in he got out the car and helped me in. After we both got in the car he flew down like 8 blocks until we got out of the neighborhood entirely. I was still crying in the backseat like a fool but I dead ass thought I was gonna die.

"You ok?" He asked me.

"NO NIGGA! No I am not ok" I say while wiping my tears.

"What happened?" I ask. My voice cracked too which was kind of embarrassing.

"I don't want you to worry about it." He says.

I could feel him staring at me through the mirror.  "you look crazy and smell like weed. Speaking of which we got ion even know how many ounces of weed in this car so if we get pulled over we're fucked" he said.

"Oh great. That makes me feel so much better."

He was quite for a while. Then he finally spoke up and said " I think Imma spend a night at a motel or something "

Wtf did this nigga just say? "What do you mean?" I ask.

" I can't go home rn. What if I got followed? You know how much weed in this car? Thats valuable. I can't go home with this shit either."

"Then just drop me off"

"What don't you understand bout what if I got followed? Shits not looking too good for you either. You smell like weed, ya knees bleeding, ya eyes puffy-"

"Damn nigga ok I get it. I look rough. But what about my dad?"

"Shit you gotta figure that out by ya self but all I know is I gotta lay low tonight" he says

I hate disappointing my dad. I always have and if I'm being honest I think it's because deep down inside I'm kind of scared that he might leave me too.

"I'll just make up a story I guess. Can we get something to eat though?" I ask.

"Later" he replies. I don't even say anything. I just sit back and try to take in what the fuck just happened.

We pull up to a motel. We ask the guy at the desk for a room, he gave us the keys and we got settled in.

"Can we get something to eat now?" I ask.

He kind of laughs then says "yeah. I think there's a gas station close by."

Once we got there I got some pizza. I looked over at Fayzo and he was just grabbing a bunch of shit. He had ice cream, candy, chips all that. We meet at the counter to pay and I give him a look kind of asking what's all this. He leans down to my height and kind of whispers "This is like a sorry for what happened earlier".

We finish paying and walk back to our room. The rest of the night was actually pretty fun. We just ate all the junk he bought, listened to music and talked. At first we were just playing around but then we slowly started talking about more serious topics. I could kind of see him softening up and to be honest i liked this version of him a lot more.