Chapter 28

Kehlani's POV:

I was 2 stops away from my stop when I pulled out my phone to text Fayzo who I'd been avoiding since that night.

Plug 🔌

Hey

I Waited for a response but got nothing. Maybe he's busy. I got off the subway and started making my way to my house when I got a notification.

Plug 🔌

Hey

Wassup

Yo let me get a gram

Aight

What time

Uh now

Meet me at your usual spot

Bet

I sat on the stairs of some random building while I waited for him to pull up, desperately trying to calm my nerves.

A good 15-20 minutes had passed. I had my head down on my knees and was sorting through my thoughts but was interrupted by the sound of a car beeping. I Looked up and saw Fayzo's car and made my way over to him.

"Hi." I awkwardly said.

"Yo"

"You got my shit?"

"Yeah I got it" he said just staring at me. It's like this nigga knows the affect he has on me. All he has to do is look at me and I'm weak.

"Um can I have it?"

"Yeah but hop in real quick. I want to talk to you."

I hesitated for a moment but then made my way around his car and into his passenger seat. His car smelled like weed and cologne which instantly gave me flashbacks.

"Um what did you want to talk about?"

He chuckled to himself then said "I just wanted to catch up. I ain't seen you in a minute."

"Oh. Ok."

I have never been so awkward around this man. You know me stink. You know I'm better than this. I felt like my brain was screaming at me and all I needed was some weed but this nigga has yet to pull any out. What he has done is drive around looking for a place to park with some music blasting. To my advantage, my frustration made me a little less awkward.

"Yo where my weed at b?" I said which for whatever reason made him laugh.

"Chill. Why, you got somewhere to be or something?"

"Kinda."

"Oh word?" He said, his tone changing.

"Can I please just have my shit?" I asked. I wasn't exactly trying to let him know about the situation with my dad. But I could tell that he could tell something was up.

"You good?"

"Yeah. I'm kind of going through it with my dad but it's whatever. " I said as he pulled into a parking spot.

"Here." He said handing me a small bag with my goods in it.

"$40." He said.

"$40? A gram is only $30."

"Yeah but this is coming straight from my own stash."

"Well can I get some of the regular stuff then?"

"I'm done with that shit. You can change my name on your phone now too." He said reading the name I saved his number under on my phone screen that had a text from him that I hadn't opened yet.

"Wait what do you mean you're done?"

"Dealing. This shit is getting old and dangerous. I've been doing this since I was like 14 too. I'm not doing it for the rest of my life." He said as he pulled out another bag from his pocket and started rolling up.

"Ok. So how does that work? Do you like put in a 2 weeks notice or?"

"You funny." He said laughing.

"I'm not even gon hold you, it's gon be hard."

"But you're not in like a gang or whatever though so it-" I was cut off by him chuckling.

"You aren't. Right?"

"It's complicated Kehlani. I was a dumbass kid that didn't know no better but I paid for that shit."

"So what's the problem? You're out of whatever it was you were in, right?"

"Kehlani I told you. It's complicated. But I'll be straight. What's up wit you?"

I didn't say anything back. I just looked at him.

"I told you Imma be straight. Don't worry bout me. Now tell me what you got going on."

"Well. Where do I start? I got into an argument with my dad. I don't know what this nigga is on but he's been trippin. It's getting close to the date my mom dipped so that's probably why. You know what? I guess it's kind of my fault too-"

My rambling was cut off by Fayzo putting his blunt to my lips. I hadn't even rolled my shit. I took a couple drags and felt myself loosen up.

"Alright so my friend and I planned a little trip to L.A. I didn't tell him till the last minute. He got mad. I think he's been drinking again too so that doesn't help. Whatever. He starts going off on me-"

Fayzo's POV:

I feel so comfortable around this girl. We're both just getting shit off our chest. I could tell we both need it.

"Fuck. I should've just asked him earlier. Or maybe I should've been nicer-"

"Don't blame ya self for him going off. He was way outta line."

She didn't say nothing back.

"Kehlani. This isn't ya fault. Aight?"

She didn't have to say much but I could tell she was hurting. She just ignored me and looked out the window.

After a lil bit, she let out a sigh and turned to face me. She looked into my eyes and I looked into hers. Her face was tense, but her eyes were soft. I felt like I could be here forever and never get tired. And I'm always nervous around her, but I've also never been more comfortable with anyone else.

"I love you Kehlani." I said while moving a piece of hair from her face. Her face softened up and her eyes looked glossy. Then she started to lean in.

Nah,  this is where I want to stay forever.

____________________________________

They're cute asf. But let's get a quick rip in the chat for Khalil rq. My boy is getting played. Again💁🏽‍♀️