Chapter 11

Kehlani's POV:

We decided to go bowling. The whole car ride was filled with us putting each other onto songs and just good vibes. Just being around him I feel so happy but nervous at the same time. We pulled up to the bowling alley, found parking and went inside.

"Before we start I just want to let you know that I'm goated at bowling so don't get butt hurt when you lose" I say making him laugh.

"Word? Alright but youre gonna be looking dumb as hell when YOU lose" he said laughing.

We got our shoes and a spot and started bowling. The next hour was full of laughter and making fun of each other. We just finished the game and I won by 5 points so I was gassed.

"I TOLD YOU!" I yelled.

"Aight aight. Good job I guess" he said as we walked back to our seats. We sat down and I looked over at him. We just sat there and stared at each other for like 10 seconds. Whew Chile the butterflies. I looked away and we both let out a small laugh.

"Do you want to get food?" He asked.

"Yeah sure."

We paid and left. We walked around the area to find somewhere to eat. When we turned around a corner, I saw a chipotle so I asked if he wanted to go in. He agreed and we walked in.

We got to chipotle and ordered. I went to pay for my food but Khalil stopped me. "I got it" he said.

"It's ok. I can pay for myself" I said back.

"No no don't worry about it. I got you." He said handing the cashier his card.

"You didn't have to do that" I said as we walked to a table.

"I know but I just wanted to. Chivalry ain't dead ma" he said smirking. I- BUTTERFLIESSS.

We spent another hour there just talking until I got a text from my dad.

Dad🕺🏽

Did you pick up your sister? 

...

Shiii. I completely forgot that I had to pick her up. I checked the time and it was almost 5. That's the time I needed to pick her ass up. I looked up at Khalil and said "we have to go NOW!" Without even asking any questions he got up and left with me. We ran back to where his car was parked.

"Um can you tell me what's going on?"

"I forgot that I had to pick up my sister from camp today. They get out at 5 and It's 5!"

"Oh shit. She can't take the bus?"

"I mean if my dad asked me to pick her up she must not" I said sarcastically.

By the time we got to where the camp was, it was 5:30. Shit. We jumped out the car and ran to the building. We walked to the front desk where a girl in about her mid 20s sat.

"Hi I'm here to pick up Aliyah Johnson."
The lady looked up at me and said "she actually was just picked up." Damn. My dad must have- mm that's my ass yall. "Oh ok. Must have been my dad haha thank you."

We walked back to the car where Khalil asked, "you ok? You look a lil-"

"Drop me off down the street from my house. I can already here the lecture maybe dad is going to give when I get home. I can't even imagine the one he'll give me if he sees me with a boy."