Chapter 18

Kehlani's POV:

Before we could move on with this conversation, I checked the time. By the grace of God, I actually had to go.

"I'll text you later but I have to go get my sister."

"I'm sure you do. Close my door on the way out."

I left Nia's building and walked to the bus stop. But on some real shit I need to sort my feelings out. Khalil is so sweet and seems like he actually cares about me. Fayzo is the complete opposite. Well maybe not entirely. He does care about me. Right?

Oh shit. I quickly hopped out of my seat, almost missing my stop.

"Back door!" I yell to the bus driver.

I hop off and go pick up my sister. We decided to take the subway back home and she went on and on about her day keeping me distracted from facing my feelings. When we got home I saw that my dad was there before us. He was in a bad mood. I feel like all parents have that thing they do that just let's everyone around them know that now isn't the time. My dad's thing is sitting at the kitchen table with a beer and just staring at the wall. He used to do it a lot around the time my mom left and every so often I see him doing it again.

This whole family has a whole bunch of unresolved issues and unhealthy coping mechanisms but for whatever reason we all act like we don't. Except my sister. She's in her own world. We went to my room and watched Netflix on my laptop.
*ding*

Nia

Uh hello? What happened
to I'll text you later?

Oop my bad

Don't think you can run
away from this Kehlani Marie🤨

UGHHHGGH! Leave me alone.
Fayzo is just my FRIEND!

Girl please🙄 you like him😏

Gir- we kissed once! Don't
bring that to me✋🏽

Shoot that's more than you
and Khalil have ever done😗

Now don't get me wrong. Y'all are
cute or whatever but don't try and
force nothing cause y'all both gon
end up hurt in the end. That's all
I'm saying on that🤷🏾‍♀️

I just left her on read. She's right. I need to sort this shit out before I wind up getting hurt or worse, hurting one of them.

____________________________________

I'm posting an update right after this. This was just a filler but I think I've finally got past that weird transition period and finally something is happening again😜
Tysm for all of the votes and reads💞