Chqpter 25

Narrator's POV:

Putting food and water in their systems started to sober them up. As they ate and talked, kehlani couldn't help but get in her thoughts. I think we can all agree that tonight was not the most ideal for her but in the end it did kind of work out. But now she was left with even more questions.

"Are me and Fayzo together now? Does he even actually like me? Does Khalil like me? Better yet, does he hate me?" She thought to herself.

"Yo!" He said regaining her attention.

"Oh my bad."

"What's on ya mind?"

"What isn't?" She thought but wouldn't dare to say out loud.

"I don't even know."

"What you tryna do after this?"

"What can we do? It's like 1am and we don't even know where we are?"

"Shit let's explore then" he said getting up. They threw their trash and began walking around.

"You cold?" He asked.

"No" she lied.

"Stop the cap. Look at you. Goosebumps all over your arms." He said making them both laugh.

"Here." He put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to him instantly giving her butterflies. The effects of the alcohol had definitely worn off  by now.

Despite that, she was feeling bold. She figured she could just blame it on the mostly worn off alcohol that he doesn't need to know about.

She stopped walking which made him stop too. She turned to him and cupped his face. She pulled him down to her and kissed him and to her relief, he instantly kissed her back. It was cute and short.

He pulled back and said, "I been waiting on you to do that for a minute now" with a smirk.

"You're corny as hell." She said laughing.

"Shut up. You know you liked it."

He put his arm back around her and they continued to walk. They fucked around for about 2 hours before they finally decided to make their way back to the subway. They got on a train that would take them back to where they started their night off at.

"So when you going?"

"Next week but I don't even know what I want tattooed." She said throwing her head back in frustration. He looked at her face and noticed the flipped septum ring in her nose.

"Oh yeah. I seen your lil nose ring earlier when we were-". He stopped himself from finishing.

"What?" She asked. He replied with nothing more than a look.

"Anyways I was thinking a Chinese dragon on my arm but that's kind of big considering it's only my first tattoo. So now I'm stuck between getting a couple of tiny butterflies or a sun tatted on my han-"

"Oh shit" Fayzo muttered under his breath.

"Huh?" She asked.

"Nah nothing. Keep going."

It wasn't nothing. He spotted a guy he knew from a rival gang. It was a guy from that shoot a month ago. It was the guy who tried to run up on him that one night he was with Kehlani. The guy recognized him as well and they didn't take their eyes off each other. 

Without breaking his gaze he said, "Get the butterflies. A hand tat would hurt too much for the first time. Follow me."

He abruptly got up and grabbed Kehlani. Without letting her even get a word in, he dragged her 2 cars over.

"What's happening?" She asked, now getting a bit anxious.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Uh it's obviously something if-"

"Kehlani I said don't worry about it now sit down." He siad aggressively. Not wanting to frustrate him any more, she listened and sat down. They sat in tense silence for a bit.

"So butterflies? Where you getting them tatted?"

The ride back seemed a lot longer than the one they took earlier. Kehlani, understandably, was rather drained and had fallen asleep. He looked down at her laying on his shoulder and admired her natural beauty. He truly had feelings for this girl. He's never cared for anyone else like this. Ever.

He thought back to the night at the comfort inn. He didn't show it but he had a hard time forgiving himself for putting her in that position. And then the panic he felt when he woke up and she was missing from the hotel room. Or how defensive he got whenever she would talk about Khalil. Defensive over a girl that wasn't even his! He never understood why. He didn't want to. But tonight the answer was perfectly clear. He was really in love with her.

They reached their stop. He lightly tapped Kehlani's shoulder to wake her up. Half awake, she got up and leaned onto him for support. They made it up the stairs and out to the car that was surprisingly still there despite being parked well over the time limit. They got into the car and sat in silence for a bit.

"So am I taking-" he began to ask. He looked over at her but she was passed out again. That answered the question of where he was taking her.

He drove to her neighborhood and to his typical spot down the street and tried waking her up. She once again, half awake, got out of his car a leaned on him for support.

"How am I gon get you inside?" He asked.

"My window." She sleepily replied.

"Where is it?"

"I'll show you." She forced herself to wake up a little more and helped him lead her to her window. Once they were by her window, she pointed out that it was cracked open and asked him to open it so "I can just throw myself in" she said. And he obliged.

He helped her pull herself through the window. What he really wanted to do was pull himself through next so he could hug her soft skin and fall asleep with his fingers in her curls. But he knew he couldn't.

Though she was already fast asleep, he whispered one last thing to her before leaving.

"I love you Kehlani."

____________________________________

Well this is the end of the little flashback thing I had going but aren't they the cutest! I know a lot of people wanted me to hurry up and jump into them being romantic with each other or whatever 🙄 but I like to build up to the good parts✋🏽 even though it did take a majority of the book😛anyways what do you guys think? How do you feel about Fayzo being a lil simp👊🏽🙄 Also should I start referring to Fayzo as Ethan now?

Tysm for all the votes and comments💕 I really appreciate them😁