Chapter 9

Continuation of the phone call

"What? Who?"
"Someone who was at the shoot out yesterday"
"Shoot out? I thought you said niggas was just firing in the air or sum"
"Yeah that was cap. Somebody from the Santos got shot"
"Nigga why are you laughing"
"They gon have to open a case and once the cops see he's affiliated they gon have to like question the rest of his guys-"
"What the fuck kind of logic is that? the niggas that roll with us are the ones who shot him! Nigga we're fucked."
"Chill out. No we not"

Kehlani's POV:

Fayzo was on the phone with someone but he looked like he was about to drive off of the road. I don't really know what's happening but I think someone got shot and he's trying to figure out who did it. I kind of zoned out because I had to think of an excuse. What the hell was I going to tell my dad when I got home. How was I going to get back into my house?

"Bro you got me mad tight. Imma call you later" Fayzo said.
"What's wrong" I asked him. "What's wrong" he mocked me. "I'm kind of apart of this shit now too so can you at least tell me what's going on" I said. He just ignored me. I turned off the song that was playing and put on Fuck the world by Brent Faiyaz.

"Aye What song is this?" He asked. "What song is this" I mocked him. He pretended to punch me and asked what the song was again. Laughing I said "I don't know" "you're so fucking annoying".

The energy in the car was a lot Better than it was before and I was happy. I checked the time and it was almost 12. I had to be at work at 1 so I had some time to get ready. My dad should be at work by now and my sister should be at camp. I would be alone so no explaining would have to be done.

We got to my house but there was a car parked in front of it. Me or my dad don't drive so I don't know who's it could've been. I thought maybe it was the neighbors' so I said bye to Fayzo and left the car. Once I opened the door I heard the tv playing and laughing. Shit. I slowly walked towards the living room to try and see who it was but I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned around to see my sister. We both just Stood there and stared at each other. We didn't say anything but we both quietly started walking to my room.

After we got into me room she hit me in my stomach.
"Ow! What's wrong with you?" "What's wrong with you? Where were you!" "It's a long story but why are you here and who's in our living room?" " camp got canceled today because something happened to one of the counselors or something. And Nova and Khalil are in the living room. She came over because like I said camp got canceled today" "Khalil's here?" I said while looking for a bandaid. " yeah. Also you better thank me. I told dad you spent the night at your friend's house because it was late and your phone died." "you a real one liya" I said while hugging her. " thanks but you smell like booty. Go take a shower" "ha ha very funny. I will."   She left my room and I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and changed. I put my hair in bun and just put on concealer because I was running late. When I walked out of the bathroom, I came face to face with Khalil. Shit.

"Hey." He said. "Hey" I awkwardly said back. "I didn't know you were here" he said. "Hehe. I was sleeping that's why." " oh cool". "Well I'm already running late for work so I'm just gonna slide past you. Bye!" I said while grabbing my stuff and running towards the door.

Fuck. Why am I so awkward. I just walked to the subway and tried to forget about what I just did.

A few hours later

After I finished work, I saw that my dad had texted me to get groceries. I worked a couple of blocks away from China town so I walked to the market to get some stuff.

After I got what I needed I walked around to clear my mind. I remembered my birthday was around the corner. Im turning 18 so niggas better show out. I better have a surprise party or sum. I don't even care but I do know that I am getting FUCKED up🤪. I went inside of a boba shop to cool off because I got hot.

*incoming FaceTime call from liya💖*

I picked up.

"Hey" i said.

"Hey where is the arts and crafts stuff. I want to make something but I can't find it" she said.

"Oh yeah. It's in my closet in a shoebox. You'll find it.

"Oh I see it. The purple one?" She asked.

"Yeah the- wait no! Don't open tha-"

"Ugh. That's not craft stuff it's just like old plants."
Shiii. She found my weed stash😳 words cannot describe the anxiety I'm feeling right now.

"Put it down! LEAVE THE ROOM!" I yell while panicking.

"Oh my god ok I am. Jeez"

"I'll give it to you when I get back, ok?"

"Ok?"

*Call ended*

_________________________________

Chile it's the lack of motivation for me🤡 sorry for taking so long to update idk I guess I just lost interest but I'm straight now😈