Chapter 17

Kehlani's POV:

I didn't have work today so best believe I slept in. I woke up at around 12:30 and stayed in bed till 1. Since I was home alone, I decided to do something Risky. Smoke in the house! I made pancakes before though because my high ass and the stove do not mix.

After I finished cooking, I sparked up and played some good music. I was chillin.

Fayzo's POV:

Chuco, Domo, and a whole bunch of other niggas was banging on my door early as hell talking bout some let's go to the beach. Now I'm sitting  on the subway on my way to Queens. The ride was long but fun. It's been a minute since I did some shit with these niggas that wasn't gon get us arrested. Nah but deadass I gotta stop this shit. Yeah it's good money but it's dirty money.

We was just chattin it up and fucking around till we finally got there. We got to the beach and did what we do. 

Narrator's POV:

Meanwhile, Kehlani was at home slumped and full. The day was pretty uneventful but needed.

*ding*

Khalil💙

Ik I said Wednesday but can
we do Thursday instead?

Yeah that's fine

They talked more for a while but eventually Khalil had to leave. Kehlani decided to get up and go hang out with Nia. She took a shower, got ready, then left. After a long walk to the store Nia works, she finally made it. She greeted Nia who told her to wait for her outside. She walked outside and across the street to the bench in front of an urgent care.

She sat there and examined the people walking by. The little kids racing down the block, the old heads talking in front of the deli. But not far from them was a group of guys that honestly looked like some of the guys she saw Fayzo with slyly handing something to each other. Don't nobody shake hands that much.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a middle aged woman sitting next to Kehlani with a sigh.

"Oh were you waiting for someone?" The woman asked.

"Oh no. You're fine. I can move if you want."

"Stay. Stay. You're good. I just had to come out here and take a break you know." The woman said while pulling out a box of cigarettes.

"Yeah I get you. Do you work here?" Kehlani asked motioning to the small building behind her.

"No I just wear scrubs for fun" the woman replied cracking up at her own joke.

"Im just messing with you. Yeah I work here. It's not the greatest place in the world but it gets me what I need you know." She said taking a puff.

"You want a smoke?"

"No thank you."

"Yeah you're too pretty. I was like you once but now look at me." The woman continued to go on about how she was "popping in her day" and Kehlani prayed that Nia would just run over and save her from this awkward conversation.

"How old are you honey?"

"Hm? Oh 18."

"Yeah I thought so. You know what? I have a son your age but you don't want him. All he does-"

"Kehlani!" Nia yelled from across the street. Kehlani let out a breath of relief and said her goodbyes to the woman who got way too comfortable. She ran across to Nia and told Her about her last couple days on their way to Nia's house.

"A tattoo in LA? Ok! I see you miss Hollywood. Shoot I might come too."

"Yeah so we can finally move out of this fucking place."

"For real. I'm just trying to go to Cosmetology School, get what I need to get, and dip." Nia said as she unlocked the door to her apartment.

"Oh yeah I forgot about that. When are you going?"

"In August. I'm low key nervous because it's coming around the corner." We walked past her little brothers fighting in the living room and to her room.

"I'm definitely not going to miss that. Anyways what's going on with you and Khalil?"

"Ooo he's taking me out in 2 days. And he said he's taking me somewhere fancy."

"Don't that boy work at McDonalds? Fancy my ass?"

"Girl hush. It's the thought that counts."

"Period. You're lucky. Niggas don't be doing shit like that anymore. They all some hoes."

"Yeah."

"But..."

"What do you mean but?"

"I don't know. Thats what your face is reading right now- Ohhh." Nia said as if she just found the answer for herself.

"What?"

"You still hung up on Fayzo huh?"

"I'm not hung up on nothing because nothing happened. Well nothing serious happened."

"I seen the way y'all be looking at each other so don't even try to tell me you don't feel nothing."

Kehlani signed in frustration and defeat. She had to do something she hadn't in a very long time. Confront her feelings.

____________________________________

Another shitty chapter? Yup😜 I have such a good plot for this story it's just the execution of it all😀 that part got me struggling.  Also, I might start writing another book in the near future so let me know what y'all want to read.