Cahpter 19

Kehlani's POV:

The Next Day...

Today was a rainy, gloomy day. The energy was just...off. Work was normal. Boring as hell but normal. When I got home I called that tattoo artist and made an appointment. A little impulsive? Yeah but who gon check me?

I still had some time before I had to pick up my sister and decided to do some self care. I washed my hair and was currently in the process of making a hair mask. I connected my speaker and blasted Dont touch my Hair by Solange.  I danced around my house and acted like I was in a music video until I heard the annoying ass door bell ring. I looked through the peep hole and saw a back profile I could recognize from a mileaway. I opened the door to a very stressed and soaked Fayzo.

"Uh hey?" I said.

"Can I come in?" He asked, his voice cracking a bit.

"Oh yeah. My bad." I moved out of the way to let him in. He walked in and started pacing back and forth.

"Are you ok?" I hesitantly asked him. He kept pacing around the living room before he turned around and looked at me with a look of...defeat? I saw his face start to soften up as the tense seconds passed by. Eventually his body gave in and he broke down while walking closer to me. Almost like it was an instinct my arms flew open and I tried to comfort him.

When I first hit Fayzo up on Snapchat asking for an eighth , I never thought that a year later we would be sitting on my living room floor with him crying in my arms. I could hear him trying to make out words in between his sobs.

"I-Im done bro." He managed to make out.

"Done with what?" I asked.

"Why d-do I keep I keep letting this ha- happen?"

"Letting what happen Fayzo? What's wrong?" He had calmed down a bit and repositioned himself from my arms to sitting next to me.

"My fucking mom bro. She keeps fucking up but each and every single time I forgive her." He said getting chocked up again. I stood on my knees and held his head in my arms to try and comfort him again.

"Like I keep getting hurt but I keep forgiving her cause thats my moms you know."

"Yeah." I said sitting down next to him.

"I bought my mom all this shit for her birthday right.  And yeah I know I said I wasn't gon buy nothing but...I don't know I felt bad. Whatever. I was putting effort in this shit to make her fucking happy but the second I-" he started crying again. My heart broke at the sight of him like this. I always knew he had some pent up shit. When we would have little vent sessions when we smoke he unknowingly revealed a lot.

I eventually got him to calm down again and convinced him to get off the floor. We went to my room and I let him just lay in my bed while I put on the hair mask. After I put it on I texted my dad and asked him to pick up my sister from camp because I was busy. He coldly replied with "no". What is wrong with him lately? I got the idea to ask Khalil to pick her up. I'm sure my dad won't mind and she wouldn't either.

Khalil💙

Hey can you pick up Liya?

Yeah for sure. Why you're
still at work?

Yeah I just have to take care of
something

That last text hit me in the gut. I suck. I'm literally lying to this boy while I have a whole other nigga laying in my bed. Ugh. Now is not the time to revaluate my life decisions. I looked at Fayzo who had stopped crying and was now laying on his stomach, looking at me.

"This is mad embarrassing." He spoke with a raspy voice.

"It's really not. Shit we all have moments like this and we all need them. Keeping shit bottled up just fucks you up even more in the long run."

"Word."

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" I asked.

"Nah."

"That's ok. Do you want water or somethi-"

"What do you do?"

"What?"

"I remember you told me about some fucked up shit from your past. What do you when you feel...like shit." He said letting out a little laugh. As he waited for a response I really tried to look for one to give him. But honestly, I don't think I've really ever coped yet. And everyone else in my family just acts like it didn't even happen.

"I don't even know." I honestly replied making him laugh.

"Damn we both fucked up huh?" He said making me laugh with him.

"Shit at least you wasn't the one crying on the floor." He said.

"On some real shit, I think you should do that more." I replied.

"What you mean?"

"I don't know. Let it out I guess. You always so tense. Cry once in a while."

"Whatever. But look. I'm about to crash at my bro crib for a minute. Can you drop off the shit I bought?"

"Uh I guess. When?"

"Friday."

A little more time had passed. I Started watching something on my laptop and I washed out the hair mask. He decided to leave not long after that and I showed him the way out.

"Nah but deadass. Thank you mo." He said on his way out.

"Boy don't even trip."

"Nah for real. I needed that." Before I could reply, I saw someone walking up to the house from my peripheral.

"Yo what the fuck?" I heard making my head turn. Shit. It was Khalil.

____________________________________
NOT KEHLANI GETTING CAUGHT UP! How are y'all feeling about the direction I'm going with this? I finally got to a point where something else actually happens😜