Best match

8th year :) please enjoy

readers pov:
Everyone was sat down in the great hall after being asked to stay behind after dinner. Dumbledore rose out of his chair after Minerva had tapped a fork onto a glass causing the great hall to plunge into silence.
"You may be wondering why I have asked for everyone to stay back," Dumbledore spoke looking around at each table, "Well I can tell you now!"
Albums walked from his chair, around the professor table to the front of it. He conjured a stool identical to the one that sat the quivering, nervous first years who had gotten sorted throughout the whole time at hogwarts. He then accioed the sorting hat causing everyone to get confused.
"Every male in eighth year shall step up here and take a seat on this stool tonight!" Dumbledore said addressing everyone, "The ministry requires every eighth year male to find their best match in hogwarts. Due to the decrease in wizarding population they are now encouraging every couple to have a baby as soon as or soon after they have graduated from Hogwarts!"
The first 1st years - 7 th years were silent knowing they had nothing to do with situation whilst they eighth years were yelling and shouting stuff out. Hermione Granger being most vocal as she wanted to get a steady job and a good house to live in before she even thought about bringing another human into the world. Hermione looked around at her boyfriend (Ron) and shot him a sad smile whilst she squeezed his hand.
"I forgot to mention! The males will be given 1-5 girls that would be a good match for them and they do get to pick!" Dumbledore said hoping it would calm them down a bit.
"And what if you don't get picked?" Padma Patil said extremely nervous about not getting picked.
"You will free to date whoever you want from the Wizarding world and outside!" Dumbledore spoke nodding at her, "Shall we begin?"
Minerva got up with a parchment of names just like first year.
"Neville Longbottom!" She spoke giving Neville a supportive smile. He sat down before getting the sorting hat placed on his head, a chart appeared above his head saying 3 different ladies names, house and year. Two in eighth year and one in seventh year. They got confused as they thought it only included the eighth year.
"Alana Porter, seventh year and hufflepuff! Parvati Patio, eighth year and Gryffindor! Hannah Abbott, eighth year and Hufflepuff!" The sorting hat yelled out as people read along with the chart.
"H-h-hannah Abbott," Neville managed to get out as he stuttered. The sorting hat was lifted off his head as he walked over to Hannah Abbott. Hannah smiled at him before hugging him.
"Dean Thomas!"
Deans matches were Ginny Weasley, seventh year and Gryffindor and Seamus Finnigan, eighth year and Gryffinor. Dean chose Seamus making everyone clap, everyone knew they would get together in the end.
"Harry Potter!"
Harry stepped forward before sitting down in the stool.
"Ginny Weasley, seven-" The sorting hat cried out but got cut off by Harry.
"GINNY WEASLEY!" Harry cried out, "I PICK GINNY WEASLEY!"
"But don't you want to hear the other 4 matches?" The sorting hat asked confused.
"No offence to the other females but no one else compares to Ginny!" Harry said before getting off the stool, leaving the sorting hat behind and kissing Ginny. The ceremony went reasonably quick all the hufflepuffs being sorted, all ravenclaws and slytherin except from 3.
"Theodore Nott!"
Theo stepped forward, strutting over. He heard his 5 ladies before confidently saying, "Luna Lovegood!"
The hat got taken off his head as he walked away over to Luna.
"Blaise Zabini!"
Blaise walked over winking at a few ladies beforehand. He also had 5 women including Pansy Parkinson and Daphene Greengrass.
"Pansy Parkinson!" He said smiling for once instead of smirking.
"Ronald Weasley!"
He shuffled forward everyone expecting him to pick Hermione Granger straight away with no hesitation. He heard his 4 ladies before looking down at his lap. Hermione was one of them, which was a relief for her.
"Lavender Brown," Ron announced still looking down at his lap. The whole hall went dead silent. Although for Hermione it was mind-numbing. It felt like her whole world was being taken away from her and crashing down right before her eyes. Ron went back to her. Why had she trusted him to not? Ron was the person who gave her happiness but now that's being taken away from her! All because of this stupid ministry requirement! No! This was not the ministry's doing! This is ronalds fault, he could have picked her.
She lifted her head, she was a queen time to start acting like one. She smiled at Ronald before flipping him off.
"Anyways- Draco Malfoy!"
Draco got up and smirked as he walked over to the stool. Hermione Granger, 1 third of the golden trio and the brightest witch of her age hadn't been picked and he was the last guy. He heard his 5 females.
"Hermione Granger!" He said shocking everyone, he had picked his enemy? He literally despises her!
He walked over to the now standing Hermione.
"Guess you're my wife now-" He said but got cut off. Hermione had lent in and kissed him before he could finish his sentence. The kiss got deeper as they began to passionately make out. They broke.
"I guess I am your wife now," Hermione said before allowing Draco to put his arm around her waist.