Yule ball

In this story lets pretend that only Cedric had been picked for the tournament and not harry and Cedric.

Readers pov:

Hermione had arrived at the yule ball blushing she stood at the bottom of stairs.

"See I told you that nobody had asked her, she freaked out at me because she knew she had no date!" Ron scoffed to his best mate, Harry James Potter.

"Mate girls don't like not having dates to balls!" Harry said as she felt sad for Hermione. Draco Malfoy had just arrived as many girls drooled over him as all the boys rolled their eyes at him. Most of the Slytherin boys smirked. He walked to the bottom of the staircase as he stopped right in front of Hermione. Everyone thought that he was going to insult her and attack her with words, except from Blaise and Ginny.

"You look exquisite Hermione," Many people gasped or their jaws dropped as everyone had just watched DRACO MALFOY compliment HERMIONE GRANGER. Blaise and Ginny just smirked as they had made them to get together. Pansy looked outraged.

"Well you do look extremely dashing today, draco!" Hermione was a deep crimson colour as she took dracos hand. Only the teachers had realised that the champions had just walked through the door with their partners as the students were all paying attention to draco and Hermione.

"Vho is everyone payin' attention vo?" Viktor Krum said as still nobody payed any notice to the champions Hermione and Malfoy both sat down as everyone settled down before the champions dance started. Except harry and Ron never took their eyes off Hermione and draco. Soon Hermione and draco stood up and joined the slow dancing with a few other couples. Every so often draco would lean in and whisper something to her and made her blush, sometimes he would kiss her cheek and he always looked at her with love-sick eyes. Soon more up-beat music was played and made by the Weird Sisters. As everyone started to jump up and down.

After about two hours, Hermione stopped dancing as she let out a breath as she was next to harry and Rons table.

"Hi," said Harry. Ron didn't say anything.

"Its hot, isn't it?" said Hermione, fanning herself with her hand. "Draco's just got to get some drinks.

Ron gave her a withering look.

"Draco?" He said, "What happened to calling him Malfoy?"

Hermione looked at him in surprise.

"What's up with you?" She said.

"If you don't know," said Ron scathingly, "I'm not going to tell you!"

Hermione stared at him, then at Harry, who shrugged. "Ron what-?"

"He's Malfoy!" Spat Ron, "He's our enemy! He bullied us for 4 years! You - you're -" Ron was obviously casting around for words strong enough to describe Hermione's crime, "Fraternising with the enemy, that's what you're doing!"

Hermione's mouth fell open. She had expected him to go off but she didn't know he knew such smart words.

"Dont be so stupid!" She said after a moment. "The enemy? Honestly - he has been there for me when nobody talked to me! He's changed! He would talk to me for hours in library about my problems! We become good friends after he apologised for everything he has done!"

Ron chose to ignore this, "I s'pose he asked you to come with you when you had your long talks in the library?"

"Yes he did," Said Hermione, the pink patches on her cheeks glowing more brightly. "So what?"

"What happened to him being our worst enemy?"

"If you really want to know what happened Ronald he had kept talking to me and after days he had plucked up the courage to ask me!"

Harry's eyes widened as he heard her call him Ronald. He was in deep trouble...

"I'm sorry thats he's changed! If you wanted to come to this ball with me you should have plucked up the courage to ask me before someone else did!" She screamed as she stormed over to draco and put her head on his shoulder to calm herself down, he kissed her forehead and patted her hair.