In another life

Readers pov: 

Draco kissed his son's head, he was heading into his fourth year. 

"Dad stop you're doing it again!" Scorpius said rolling his eyes at his father, who looked like he was about to cry. Draco said nothing but he chuckled. Scorpius's mother, Astoria, had passed away just as he was going into his first year so she never got to send him off. Once she had passed, Draco swore to protect and look after his son.

He looked around at the other parents until a couple spotted his eye, Ron and Hermione. He flashed a smile at Ron before accidentally locking eyes with Hermione. 

"Never planned one day that I would be losing you," Draco said to Hermione as he started to tear up, Hermione had just broken up with him because of how hard things were getting.

"Draco-" Hermione said as she also started to tear up, "I love you." 

Draco nodded as he smiled sadly. Afterwards, Hermione said this, "In another life, I will be your girl."

"In another life," Draco said nodding, "I'll see you." 

Draco was snapped out of his memories as Scorpius said that he had to board. 

"Okay, stay safe! Also please try your best not to be awkward around that Rose girl that you like so much!" Draco said laughing at his son's horrible way of showing he liked Rose Granger-Weasley.

"Dad!"