Chapter 3: The evil army trainer, Part 4

Satisfied, Gu Yun finally nodded. Yesterday's demonstration of her authority indeed had a strong impact on them.  

"There are some exquisite martial arts moves when one executes them gracefully and naturally. But they're only for those who want to play it cool, when confronting a real enemy those have no merit to speak of! The nearer the distance to your enemy, if you are unarmed, the higher is your risk. So, when you confront your enemy, attack him in his most vulnerable spot with your maximum strength. Hit him fast, your action must be precise. Start out ruthless, take down your opponent as quickly as possible."   

While she was talking, Gu Yun bent and picked up a twig from the ground, pointing to a young soldier, she coldly said: "Come here."   

The boy hurriedly went over and stood up in attention, but his heart was pounding like crazy, she would not be using the twig to whip him, right? Obviously he does not know Gu Yun, if she has the intention to thrash him she definitely will be using an iron bar rather than a twig.

"Ears, temples, eyes, nose, the back of the head, the throat area, back of the neck, collarbone, armpits, the crotch area, ribcage, spine, the wrist joint and other parts, these are all the human body's relatively more vulnerable parts, and these important sites must be the focus of your attack." As she was explaining, the twig touched the various parts of the boy's body opposite her. Gu Yun was using him as a model of the human body, she was explaining slowly, but he is far too nervous that his complexion paled, he is really scared witless if she gets into a bad mood, he would be in deep trouble!

This group of energetic young people, while listening to Gu Yun explaining, on their faces emerged a growing interest and curiosity. Gu Yun was delighted to see this expression on their faces, she appreciated these eagerness and hunger to learn, in the corner of her mouth finally emerged a trace of a smile, her bright voice resounded: "Now group yourselves into pairs, I will teach you jiequandao [intercepting fist technique], a technique in close combat with the strongest attack power."   

After hearing it is the most aggressive fighting technique, the young soldiers became even more enthusiastic, after having witnessed just now the so-called roudao [soft technique], they are even more looking forward to this fighting technique, they replied in unison: "Yes!"   

Smiling she faced the boy in front of her who has a twisted and pained expression on his face, Gu Yun softly chuckled and said: "You will act as my opponent for the demonstration, alright?"   

"Yes." The boy really wanted to cry but he has no tears to shed, he wished he could pull out and give himself a slap, so he just faced her and gave off a somewhat crazy laugh!   

Inside the forest, Gu Yun was in front explaining the basic points of the moves of the combat technique, behind her the soldiers were following suit, earnestly practicing. On one side the activity was getting frenzied like a tiger growing in power, on the other side was Han Shu whose face was getting dark and his brow wrinkling tighter by the minute. This woman's instruction on combat technique, indeed, true to her words, is not in the least fancy. Every punch is fast, precise and ruthless, outright fierce and cruel! She is training soldiers, or more like breeding assassins!   

Two hours later.  

The scorching sun is up in the sky, it is already high noon, several kitchen servants came to the forest lugging the food for lunch.   

"Stop!" Gu Yun announced, "an hour lunch break. Dismissed!"   

After a protracted sigh of relief, many of the young soldiers immediately tumbled to the ground, even though they're tired and hungry, yet no one wants to move for a while!