Chapter 5: Su Ling returns, Part 2

The crescent moon looking like a hook, the vast sky filled with stars, the noisy forest for the past few days was remarkably quiet tonight, in the pitch-dark forest hardly a ray of light can be seen, let alone a shadow.

Behind a sturdy and stout tree trunk, the back of a shadow leaned against the trunk, eyes slightly closed looking very pleased with herself, slung on her shoulder was a curved longbow, beneath her feet stood a bundle of long arrows, stuck on her waist was an exquisite, small dagger, overall looking armed to the teeth. Ah yes, Gu Yun is going hunting tonight!

The day of the competition is in three days, regarding these young soldiers, she is fairly satisfied with them. Speaking of recruits, she can confidently declare that in terms of endurance, attacking power and mobility, this team is absolutely the best among the new recruits of the Su family army. Tonight she let them rest without training, firstly, to allow them to recharge their batteries in preparation for her training tomorrow night; secondly – she's going to catch a big rat tonight.   

For five straight days, this kind of feeling of being spied on lingered, she is definitely sure someone was furtively watching her, tonight she has time, she might as well meet him.

The night gradually deepened, silence reigned.

Gu Yun's slightly closed eyes suddenly opened, holding her breath, the corners of her mouth curved displaying a very light hint of a smile, her prey came ...

Ao Tian popped up like a ghost, his figure very light and very fast silently emerged in his usual hiding place, inside the forest, apart from the low chirping of cicadas, as well as the rustle of leaves, there was no familiar sound of that arrogant woman's voice.

Did she not come tonight?

His mood inexplicably somewhat dampened, Ao Tian could not tell whether it was because of his disappointment or because he had nothing to do tonight to pass the time.   

Standing still for a moment, his tall figure was just about to depart when the familiar woman's voice suddenly from a place not far from him coldly resounded, "tonight there's no good show to watch, anyway since you have come already, why don't you show yourself!"

Ao Tian's footsteps faltered, she actually came? Yet he unexpectedly failed to detect her presence, turning without betraying a change of expression on his dark eyes, slightly moving sideways, he looked towards the direction of the sound.

Across numerous trees, far away, a silhouette of a petite figure stood proudly in the forest, interrogating as she was approaching: "Who are you? Why have you been snooping on my training?"

Gu Yun could only see a faint shadow in the distance, she could not at all clearly see the appearance of the other person, taking advantage while talking, Gu Yun very quickly walked towards the rear, just when she almost reached his side, suddenly the shadow lightly jumped, surprisingly he dodged seven to eight meters away from her!

"You want to escape!" While chasing after him Gu Yun lifted the longbow, her hand grasped the sharp arrow, shooting towards the escaping shadow.

These past few days when she trained the soldiers shooting with the longbow she herself tried it, it cannot be compared with the pistol, but at least it is a long-range shooting weapon.

Long arrows whizzed past the ears of Ao Tian, the swift woosh of the wind demonstrated the archer's fierce and sharp release, this woman surprisingly can shoot arrows!

Ao Tian suddenly flew to the top of the tree, one can only see the leaves between the branches quickly shaking about, after a moment, everything became tranquil.