Chapter 21: She is Mine!

The night sky welcomed the sun's rays. This was supposed to be a very beautiful moment. However, Gu Yun's heart was in a haze at the moment, without any trace of light.

Su Ling's profound eyes were like an eagle's stare toward its hunting prey, coldly glaring at her. It was as if, if she moved, he would immediately pounce on her. Gu Yun secretly took a deep breath, trying to control her emotions. In terms of bravery, she wouldn't lose to him!

Tilting her face up slightly, Gu Yun met his cold eyes and said, "Get out!"

"I've already said that you shouldn't go out." There was unquestionably forced forbearance in his clear voice. Su Ling was trying very hard to suppress his anger. He also didn't want to physically fight with her, but every time she had that untamed arrogant eyes, a volatile explosion challenged his patience's limits.

Like now...

"I've already said that I would definitely go out tonight!" Gu Yun's voice was definitely not any less colder than his.

"You better not meddle with Lou Xi Yan's case. His problems do not need your meddling. It is beyond your power to solve." Su Ling always spoke like a cold tyrant. The lecturing tone in his voice really made people unhappy no matter how they listened to it.

Sure enough, his 'lecture' made Gu Yun's face turn black. Gu Yun stubbornly replied, "Their marriage is now official. Lou Xi Yan is now my brother-in-law. It's a matter of fact that I have to take care of his problems! Whether it is or isn't beyond my power is not your business."

Between them, there had been too many conflicts. Su Ling knew that amongst them, one wouldn't able to convince the other. Being firm with her would definitely make both parties suffer. Secretly sighing, he said, "As the country's prime minister, Lou Xi Yan's charge would be decided by the emperor. You just need to stay in the General Manor and let it go. Everything will be solved."

Everything would be solved? Gu Yun's eyes flashed, the way he spoke was really relaxed, could it... Gu Yun looked deep into Su Ling's eyes and guessed, "You mean everything was actually a scheme you and Yan Hong Tian crafted?"

With her cleverness, Su Ling thought that she already understood what was at stake. He didn't elaborate and blandly replied, "The court's matters are not as simple as you think. It indeed affects the whole thing. If you act rashly, not only Lou Xi Yan wouldn't be saved, you and your sister would be implicated as well."

So everything was within their schemes? Gu Yun coldly smiled. Just because that Yan Hong Tian was an emperor and everyone should honour him, he could easily use others as his pawn? He could arrest people at any time, yet he chose the wedding time? Or was Lou Xi Yan already informed and only the bride, whose feelings were hurt, was kept in the dark?

Huh! From the moment they paid respects to each other, Qing had been implicated too! Now, he just explained to her the overall situation. Why didn't he speak up earlier?

Those pair of cat eyes showed traces of disdain and anger, but she didn't say anything and remained silent. Su Ling impatiently wanted to bring her home. He grabbed her wrist while saying, "Let's go. We should go home first before we talk again."

"No way." Gu Yun coldly replied, "The sun has risen, I need to go to Prime Minister Manor." She had promised Qing to visit her yesterday. Regardless if it was or wasn't a scheme or a lie that Su Ling made to assure her, she must go to find Qing. She couldn't be missing at this time. It would make Qing, who had been worried about Lou Xi Yan, become increasingly worried.

If Gu Yun said that she wanted to accompany Zhuo Qing, Su Ling would not necessarily disagree. She wasn't a person who was unwilling to explain. It was rare that Su Ling took the time to explain things to a person and he even gave away internal information. She still wanted to meddle in this muddy water. Su Ling's constantly suppressed anger instantly soared. He roared, "You are not allowed to go! Follow me."