Chapter 8: Old court case of gold, Part 1

The spacious room has no screen, no curtains, no bronze mirror, it did not seem like a woman's room, but lying on the big mahogany bed was a slender, delicate woman. Her eyes were slightly closed, her face showed no signs of pain, nor was it pale. It was as if she was just calmly sleeping. However, the atmosphere inside the room was not calm, in front of the bed an old man felt the lady's pulse whilst constantly wiping his sweat, not daring to look towards the centre of the room where a distinguished yet edgy young general stood.

After a long time, the old man slowly withdrew his hand, Su Yu strode up immediately and anxiously asked: "How is she?"

The young lad who had invited the old man to the Manor, to examine the unconscious lady, said that she is General Su's wife, hence he cannot be the slightest bit negligent in his diagnosis as he absolutely couldn't afford to bear the consequences in case of misdiagnosis. With Su Yu watching him closely, the old man broke out in cold sweat, but neither did he speak rashly nor gave the wrong prognosis, he fearfully replied: "Madam's pulse is steady and her breathing is normal, this old man ... this ignorant old man really cannot diagnose what this illness is."

Another quack! Su Yu furiously, shouted: "Leave."

The old man hurriedly got up and fled, Su Yu in anger bellowed towards the officers at the front door: "Are these the few quacks you managed to find?"

The officers awkwardly replied: "Responding to deputy general, nearly all the famous doctors of the capital that could be found were invited to the manor." From yesterday morning till now, a dozen doctors have been invited.

Su Yu obviously did not want to hear this and angrily said: "Find again."

"Yes."

The person lying quietly in the bed seemingly lifeless is a Qing Mo, Su Yu never wanted to see. She should not be looking like this! She should be arrogant, brassy, definitely not this!

Clenching his teeth, Su Yu asked Su Ren who has all this while been sitting silently: "Brother, should I ask an imperial doctor to look at her?"

Su Ren shook his head and dismissively replied: "It is inconvenient to disturb the imperial physician. Do not worry too much, the doctor said her pulse is steady, it should not be anything serious, let her rest a few days and see." They have already invited the famous doctors in the capital to examine her since no one could give a prognosis there could only be two possibilities: one Qing Mo is suffering a strange illness, and if so, imperial physician is also powerless to diagnose; or another possibility is that she is not ill at all!

Noting an expressionless Su Ren, Su Yu did not agree with him and said: "She has been unconscious for nearly two days so how could there be no harm? Even a healthy person, cannot sustain a few days without food and drink! Those bunch of quacks examined her for such a long time yet can't even utter out a sensible word!"

Su Ren sighed gently, Why is he so obstinate? Just as Su Ren was about to speak, Su Yu's tall body has quickly stepped out the room.

Su Ren urgently asked: "Where are you going?"

"To find a doctor." With these words, he departed the courtyard.

Su Ren stared at Su Yu's hurriedly departing back and then looking at the woman lying quietly in bed, he suddenly had a bad feeling about this!

After a while, Su Ren also left the room, thus deep in the night everything returned to its tranquil state.

The peaceful and serene woman lying on the bed suddenly opened her eyes. Those pair of eyes with a clear, keen and penetrative gaze did not belong to a man in coma for two days. Gu Yun gently moved her stiff fingers, and in her heart she cannot help but cursed.

Damn, she was not afraid of hunger, nor afraid even of harsh surroundings, but maintaining this inert state for over thirty hours, she is really stiff! Yet, she needed to keep breathing evenly that those doctors could not find anything wrong with her. This was even more difficult than surviving 72 hours in the wilderness!

Quietly, paying close attention, Gu Yun felt that there was no one outside the room. She slowly straightened her body and sat up, standing barefoot on the limestone floor, she immediately felt a surge of cool air seeped up the soles of her feet, which caused her to relax her tensed self. Whilst stretching her neck, Gu Yun looked around the large room that was simply decorated however it was adorned with elegant fixtures which she guessed should be a guest room.

As her keen gaze swept across the few paintings on the wall, she was attracted by a painting in the middle, depicting the Ba Gua diagram. She walked in front of it and studied it closely noting the fine dark lines in the pattern of the diagram matched the pattern in Ba Gua disk that she saw before she was transported to this century. Therefore, this is the Su clan so-called coat of arms (crest)!

The lines and patterns in the painting were much clearer than the ink slab, Gu Yun wanted to draw the diagram, she looked around the room and found ink and paper. To save time, Gu Yun took down the painting and putting the fine writing paper on top of the picture she moistened the tip of the brush and painstakingly draw the veins and lines in the diagram. To prevent the ink dripping to the picture she has to be extremely careful thus it was already sunrise when she finished drawing.

Worried that Su Yu could come back anytime, Gu Yun deftly hung back the painting, returned the writing paper and ink stone to its original place, ascertained that everything was in place, she folded the finished drawing and put it in her waist pocket. Just then, the sound of hurried footsteps were heard