Chapter 37 To Rescue the Hostages

Three serious, determined, strong, and righteous men stood in front of long fashionable curtains. The soldiers have been sweating profusely. It was obvious they were subjected to an intense physical activity just moments ago but their aura was not chaotic nor breathless. They maintained their composure. Even if everyone in the room has a status of nobility, their face had no trace of fear or intimidation on their countenance. Yan Hong Tian seemed to be very satisfied with them. Even if the newly arrived men did not kneel to him, he was not angry. Instead, he was staring at them with great interest for their strange military outfits.

As the Elite Force of the Su Military people, they were not in the ordinary armor and battle helmet. The dark green shirt was tightly fitted without a dragging feeling. The upper part of the body wore a padded light jacket. They carried their crossbows on their right shoulder and on their hips, they have a four-inch wide belt. If one was to look closely, neatly arranged above the belts were short arrows with a crossbow. On one side of the belt was a roll of fine hemp rope. On their left thigh, there were two bands strapping a strange looking short dagger hooked to a handle on style. Their footwear was not made out of ordinary cloth but was a pair of short leather boots.

Although everything on them was Qing Mo's idea, Su Ling had also help prepare for them. Seeing them stand there wearing the outfit and being armed for the first time, Su Ling was taken by surprise. In everybody's eyes, this outfit looked rather different but Zhou Qing felt pretty familiar with them. She couldn't help but to laugh in her heart. Why didn't they add a touch of grease paint on their faces, like a real field army?

Gu Yun was quite satisfied with the speed of the soldiers. If today Su Ling was able to show her the bursts of the short crossbow, the get up would be perfect.

All the attention was focused on the three of them and Gu Yun called for everybody's attention and asked,

"I have already briefed you the rescue plan, does anybody have any objections"

Yan Hong Tian recovered his sight and the thin lips smiled lightly,

" I have already said, the rescue is your responsibility."

Well, he said so, will it also mean there is no objection now? Or she didn't have time to spare on discussion and explanation.

Putting behind the Emperor's lack of concern, Gu Yun stared at the topographic maps on the table. She lifted her right hand and the three soldiers followed the sight of the pointed index finger. The three people immediately walked towards her at once in the direction she came and stood behind her. Gu Yun pointed to the plan on the table and instructed in a whisper.

"The topographic map, memorize it."

"Yes."

Three movements and consistent steps marched forward at the same time. They stared at the two maps to observe it carefully. As they were studying the map, Gu Yun informed them of the situation.

"There are about 20 bandits with five hostages in their hands. The three adults, a man and two women, and two children. General location is the den or the main hall for the hostages. Ge Jingyun, you lead a squad of elite through the stream and into the courtyard. You will search for the hostages in the study then the main hall. If they are not in front, go to the rear all the way down."

"Leng Xiao and Luo Yan Nham. You both with each squad of people, go across the mountain and into the yard. Leng Xiao, you are in charge of covering for Luo Yan Nham and his team. Luo Yan Nham, your squad's task is to take the three-story building that is being used as a sentry post. Then find Ge Jingyun's location converge in the study. If you find the hostages, immediately withdraw towards the mountain. Understand me?"