Chapter 28: The Su Elders

If looks could kill, Zhuo Qing's body would have been torn apart by the eyes behind her. With her lips raised slightly, she nodded towards Su Ling. She smiled, "General Su, you came just in time. Her body does not have any serious issues now. You can take her home." Finished speaking, Zhuo Qing waved her hands and walked out of the room. She was 'kind enough' to close the door for them.

Gu Yun took a deep breath and then another. That high IQ woman had had her intelligence swept away by love. She thought that since she was married that everyone else should be crazy. Gu Yun wouldn't lower herself to Qing's level!

Su Ling entered the room and saw Gu Yun sitting on the bed. The colour of her face varied from green to white from time to time. Luckily, she still looked high-spirited. Su Ling silently sighed. He never thought that he would have missed someone this much. This was the first time he thought that a three day period could be so long. It was as though every time he had a spare moment, his brain would actually project her image, would think about how was she and what she was doing. These completely foreign feelings bewildered him, but he couldn't fight it.

"You ......"

"I......"

The two people opened their mouths at the same time. Finding out that they had interrupted the other, they shut their mouths at the same time. Gu Yun didn't know what Su Ling was thinking but in short, she felt that the atmosphere was very awkward! After a long silence, Gu Yun decided to speak, "Let me talk first."

Su Ling's beautiful eyebrows formed a knot. Seeing her look particularly serious, he was curious as to what she had to say. With a little cough, Gu Yun looked straight up into his eyes and asked, "Do you like me?"

Su Ling momentarily blanked. With a raised hope, his heart felt a bit unrestful. Did she finally feel it? Looking back at her eyes which seemed like they could peer into one's thoughts, Su Ling asked, "What do you think?"

Gu Yun frowned. After thinking for awhile, she said, "I think you should be, right?"

After regaining consciousness, she felt Su Ling had treated her a bit differently from the past. Those hot and deep gazes made her more and more uncomfortable. She basically could determine, Su Ling loved her.

Should be? Right? Su Ling at this moment suddenly felt mixed feelings. He rarely dealt with women. Within his limited knowledge, weren't women supposed to feel a bit embarrassed to ask such a question? Or at least, feel a bit uneasy? However, she straightforwardly asked whether he loved her or not. Even when she came to the conclusion, she was so calm and logical.

Was his understanding about women so little? Or was she just a 'rare' type (of woman)? Or perhaps, she wasn't really attracted to him. Su Ling's facial expression was very complicated. He seemed helpless but bitterly angry at the same time. Gu Yun hesitated for a moment before asking, "Or did I misunderstand all of this and you don't really like me at all?"

Su Ling was disappointed. Could it be that he didn't express it obviously enough? In Gu Yun's clear eyes, he saw doubt and uncertainty. Su Ling bitterly sighed, what kind of woman did he actually fall in love with? Hoping that she would be somehow 'enlightened' was clearly impossible. Su Ling resigned himself to fate and said, "You didn't misunderstand it: I like you."

It could have been a beautiful confession. However, Su Ling had been both mentally and physically exhausted, to say the least.

The place in the heart that was usually untouched shook. Knowing was one thing, but to listen to him saying it out loud was a completely different matter. Gu Yun looked down. After a long time, she finally said, "I, I don't know whether I love you or not. I need some time."