Chapter 1: The soul travelled to a different era, Part 4

After half a month. Behind the mountain, the training ground of the General Manor. At high noon, the sun in summer is already intensely hot, the central area of the training ground does not have any place to shelter in the shade, a thousand soldiers after a six-hour drill, could finally take a break. Because there are still battle drills in the afternoon, the soldiers did not return to the mountain camp to rest, in small groups of threes and fours they were hiding in the shade, enjoying the cool air, sounds of laughter were heard from time to time.

"Really?"

Everyone had this look of disbelief on the face, a veteran soldier waved his hand, his face serious, said: "Why would I lie, kitchen Xiao Zhao is my fellow villager, he himself told me! She must eat three catties[1] of beef, ten eggs, a catty of rice, and five cucumbers."

{ [1] 1 catty = 0.5 kg}

"I don't believe it!" A young and robust soldier pounded his strong chest proudly replied: "I'm so strong, I can eat that much, but how can a woman possibly eat all that much!"

The veteran soldier patted the young soldier's thick shoulder, threw a sidelong glance at his strong build, clicked his tongue and laughed: "This you do not understand, perhaps the woman is a 200-catty big, fat person! Also, about her meals I'm not talking nonsense. You go to the kitchen to find out. Ask there, everyone knows about that!"

The young soldier finally believed him, murmured back: "Ah, so this is why! No wonder the general threw her out to live in the rear court."

The young soldier's voice trailed off, immediately a group of soldiers laughed out loud. The veteran soldier continued to quip: "I think the emperor most likely, seeing that the general always refuses to take a wife, simply bestowed him a big, fat wife to encourage the general." He laughed after having said that, but noticed that the few people around did not laugh and were looking behind him, staring panic-stricken, and afterwards they all hastily bowed their heads.

The veteran soldier's heart felt cold, darn, standing behind him would not be ...

"Everybody stand up." A growling roar resounded, the dozen of people enjoying the cool air under the shade quickly got up, stood ramrod straight, no one dared to move.

Su Yu's cold eyes swept on one by one over the nervous faces of the soldiers, and finally stopped in front of the veteran soldier's face, slowly, coldly barked: "Everybody under the sun, on horse stance, for one hour!"

"Yes." The whole group went on to do the horse stance under the scorching sun, wailing unceasingly in their hearts, but nobody dared to show any expression on his face. The rest of the soldiers who were unaware of what happened were baffled to see several soldiers struggling to maintain the horse stance under the sun, and the lieutenant general's livid face as he walked towards the direction of the rear court.

Wretched woman, she wanted to get their attention using this method?! Very well, he'd like to see how much she can eat, and if she could not eat anymore, then he'll tell her how stupid she is!

In the farthest corner of the rear court, sturdy branches were cut down, two white strips of cloth tied high above the tree trunk, a pair of upright, slender hands are firmly grasping branches, with blue veins showing on the back of the hands, following ragged breaths rhythmically relaxing. A wisp of petite figure is suspended mid-air, relying on the strength of the arm it is moving up and down.

"Seventeen, 18, 19 ... twenty!" Gu Yun was gasping for air, sweat from her forehead streamed down her cheeks and hair, her white unlined garment was practically soaking wet.

Twenty! She finally can do twenty, who would have thought that she would be deliriously happy to be able to do twenty pull-ups, even less than half of the number she could do previously. While mocking herself, Gu Yun suddenly heard outside of the door the sound of extremely light footsteps.