Chapter 6: Too Upset To Speak

^^This is how Paige is being carried and held, throughout this chapter by everyone^^
Josh's POV:
I wake up and see Paige is still sleeping so, I go and scroll on my phone. I hear Paige start to whimper and wake up, so I put my phone down and turn my attention to her. I start to rub circles on her forehead which calmed her down and she flutters her eyes open.
Josh- hey bub *smiles softly*
Paige doesn't answer and just attaches herself to my body. I frown. She always likes to talk, but I hold her and rub her back, and I notice my shoulder is wet.
Josh- *sighs* shhh princess, it's all over
I take her thumb out of her mouth and realize today she's not gonna last without it. She immediately starts balling her eyes out and loud. So, I quickly put it back and rock her slightly. It's worse than we thought, she's broken.
Josh- alright it's okay bub, you can have it for today. Just calm down... please
She doesn't stop crying and she is still letting silent tears fall, I go to move her for a second to get up, but she just tightens her grip, around my neck.
Josh- Pay, I'm just getting a shirt on and we can go downstairs, I'll carry you.
Paige- *whimpers and shakes her head no*
Josh- talk baby
Paige- *shakes her head no and points to the shirt*
I realize that it's her anxiety, when this stuff happens she likes skin-to-skin contact it calms her down more to hear my heart beating and my breathing sounds. I sigh and pick her up and carry her downstairs. Quinton sees me with her and comes towards us. I shake my head meaning it wasn't going well.
Quinton- *to Paige* hey baby, how are you?
Paige doesn't answer which makes the rest of the group look at each other concerned.
Josh- hey princess, look it's Quin
She looks at Quinton and her grip goes tighter around my neck, Quinton sees this and understands she needs me right now. I walk to the fridge while still holding her and get out fruit and water, for both of us. I sit down at the table with everyone else having small conversations with everyone (but Paige)
Paige still hasn't said anything or even moved to eat. I look at her and she's the same she's been since she has woke up, silently crying into my neck.
Josh- *whispers* bub you need to eat.
She shakes her head no and I sigh, Bryce notices and starts to talk to her.
Bryce- hey bubba let's eat something?
Paige shakes her head no and just looks into Bryce's eyes. Bryce looks at me and I can see he is scared.
He opens the fruit and puts some up to her mouth she eats it and then just sits there.
We only got her to eat four pieces before she refused, to eat more, by this point, everyone was concerned and looking at her.
Josh-*whispers in Bryce's ear* it's worse than we thought, she hasn't spoken or even moved since she woke up
Bryce looks at her and then nods sadly. I get up throw out my trash and put the rest of her food in the fridge, I carry her into the living room and sit down on the couch, and put Netflix on hoping she'll at least turn to watch. But she didn't, meanwhile back in the kitchen...

Bryce's POV:
I'm worried about Paige, she only ate four pieces of fruit for breakfast, and after what Josh told me I'm scared she's going to decline. Once he leaves with Paige, Jaden turns to me.
Jaden- Bryce I know you guys said today would be bad for her, but she didn't talk or even move!*everyone nods their heads to agree with him*
Bryce- it's worse than we thought
Charli- wait, what do you mean?!?
Bryce- Josh said she hasn't talked or even moved since she woke up
Quinton- what's wrong?
Bryce- we don't know we just have to play it by ear, also just let her suck her thumb for today, it might help comfort her into talking to us. Also, boys, if you do hold her at all today, take your shirt off, the skin-to-skin contact is a good comfort method, for her.
All- okay
We all walk into the living room to see Josh and Paige just as they were earlier but on the couch. I nod to Josh to let him know I told them and he
half-smiles back. We all sit down and watch Netflix for a while. Paige starts to move a little and Josh looks at me and motions for her meds. I run and grab them and tell him I'll give them to her. I got to a position that I can see her face and rub her head gently to get her attention, she looks up at me and notices the meds. For some reason, she starts to cry harder, whimper, and shake her head no at the sight of them. It's weird since she's always taken these every morning since she was like 10. Josh is whispering sweet things in her ear to calm her down.
Bryce- hey calm down. just take it and then I will leave you alone.
Paige- *whimpers*
I lift her head and open her mouth for her, I grabbed the liquid version of her meds because I had a feeling it would be hard. I pour the right amount into her mouth and close it so she can't spit it out.
She swallows and doesn't even react, I go to give her water but she shakes her head no and goes back into the crook of Josh's neck. Josh sighs, we all hate seeing her like this. Charli then comes over and tries to talk to Paige.

Charli's POV:
I've never seen Paige this bad, it's almost like she's afraid to talk. After I see Bryce gave her, her meds, I walk over to go talk to her.
Charli- hey bubs...
She just looks at me to continue.
Charli- want to play with my hair?
She shakes her head no and I looked shocked she's never turned that down before. Josh is shocked too.
I walk to Dixie and lay my head on her shoulder, upset for my best friend.

Josh's POV:
I see the interaction with Charli and find it weird, but I really have to go to the bathroom so Paige needs to get up.
Josh- *whispers in her ear* bub I have to go to the bathroom, could you sit here and I'll be right back, I'm not leaving I'll be back
Surprisingly she nods, and leans to Bryce, and reaches her hands out. He takes off his shirt and picks her up off my lap.
She immediately gets into the same position she was with me and doesn't move. I go to the bathroom.

Bryce's POV:
I see Josh whisper something into Paige's ear causing her to nod. Next thing I know she leans and reaches for me. I quickly take my shirt off and grab her and pick her up, she immediately gets into the same position she was in with Josh and doesn't move. I realize Josh is just going to the bathroom, so he needed her to get up. I rub her back and still feel tears rolling down her cheeks. I try and wipe them but they don't stop flowing, so I give up. We are all having our own conversations, so I get up and go get her fruit from earlier and go back sit down and start to feed her again. Lucky for me she eats it all.
Bryce- princess do you want some more food are you hungry? 
Paige- *shakes her head no and I sigh*
Once Josh comes back me and him take her into the kitchen to get her to eat something else
Josh- bubba let's eat something else...
She doesn't respond and Josh goes and gets out a yogurt, to give her some protein.
I hold her and Josh puts the yogurt in front of her
Bryce- can you try and each for us?
She starts to take little bites and we smile at her
Charli- is she okay?
Bryce- not really Char, but all we can do is be there for her.
Charli- I know...
Paige finishes and sees Charli and automatically reaches for her. Bryce hands her over and Charli rubs her back.

Charli's POV:
Paige wasn't herself, right now and she needed comfort, and her brothers brought that to her. When she reached for me I was so happy and grabbed her instantly and she got in the same position she's been all day. And I rub her back, and her tears are still falling.
Charli- hey bubs, I'm here calm down...
She relaxes and sucks her thumb again
Charli and the boys walk back into the living room and sit with the others. Paige ends up falling asleep and Charli holds her the whole time. When she wakes up she is in the same position and once she's awake she reaches for Quinton.

Quinton's POV:
When Paige reaches for me I took my shirt off, and grabbed her, she put her ear up to my heart and listened to it beat. She is so beautiful even when she's having a rough day.
Quinton- hey baby, I love you
Paige-*mumbles with her thumb in her mouth* love you too.
Quinton- you ready to talk to me?
Paige- y-yea, just upset.
Quinton-  okay good baby, you had us all worried!
Paige- I'm sorry.
Quinton- no, no it's fine!
Paige- want bubby...*reaches towards Josh*
Quinton- okay.. I'll give you to him *kisses forehead*
I motion to Josh that Paige wants him and he grabs her and notices she looks better.

Josh's POV:
When Quinton told me Paige wanted me I grabbed her and noticed she didn't look as distraught as she did this morning.
Paige- bubby...
Josh- I have you, don't worry!
Paige- love you
Josh- I love you too
Paige- I sorry
Josh- no don't be sorry we understand okay?
She nods
Josh- words please Pay...
Paige- okay...
Josh- good girl!
Charli comes over and notices Paige is better after that everyone is talking including Paige. She comes over and rubs her back, Paige sees her and slightly smiles at her best friend.
Charli- you better bubs?
Paige nods
Josh- words princess, remember what we talked about.
I'm worried if she stops talking now she will stop for a while like this morning.
Paige- yes Char.
Josh- *kisses forehead*
Charli smiles at her. Then Bryce sees she's talking and comes over too.
Bryce- hey princess
Paige- h-hi B
Bryce smiles at her and talks to her about seeing Jules soon, which immediately calms her down and makes her happy.
Bryce- why don't we fly Jules out here for a week, soon and you can hang out with her, would you like that?
Paige- *nods*
Josh- *lightly taps her butt to tell her to use her words* (doesn't hit don't worry just taps she whimpers cause she doesn't like to be corrected)
Paige whimpers at first.
Paige- I-I s-sorry
Josh- shh...I'm not mad, but you need to talk if you want us to understand.
Paige- yes B, I would like that.
Bryce- okay princess *kisses forehead*
Paige ends up back with Quinton and then falls asleep, and by the time she's asleep she is getting better and back to her sunshiny self!

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story so far, and I promise the next chapter won't be a sad one. If you ever have any ideas to add to any of my stories just comment them, and I might even use them in my writing. Anyways, love you guys, and thanks for reading!