Chapter 16

"You should be good now," Eva said looking at the ring which was now on the floor split into two pieces. 

"But just to be sure you need to smash this thing into pieces and burn it," Brooke told me while pointing to the ring. 

"One second," I say taking out a small pouch to put the ring in, "I will burn it later." 

Shoving the pouch deep inside a small pocket in the purse, I looked at the two girls, "done?" I ask, they both nodded. 

As we leave the bathroom, we remove the 'Not in Use' sign and head back to where my brother and Daniel were, both were chatting away while holding their drinks. 

"Ladies," we heard a deep, cheerful voice say from behind us, Eva turned around, while Brook and I looked at each other, then turning around to find that the voice belonged to none other than Mason, Eva's brother. 

"Mason," she said hugging him, he gave her a quick hug to, "what are you doing here, I thought you said that the party was overrated?" 

"Ah, sis I did say that but how could I not show up to a party that had top-notch people to connect with," he said looking around.

It not like he needed to come to this, he already so many connections. I thought.

"Well, do you want to join us and your date of you brought one, that is?" Eva asks looking at her brother. 

"Why not since my sister is inviting me, I shall be a gentleman and accept this offer," he says bowling at her, she quickly smacked him on the back and laughed, "I'll quickly grab my date." 

 Brook and I looked at Eva, who stood there with a big smile on her face and said, "he hasn't changed his attitude." 

"Shall we head back to our dates?" Brook asks, Eva nods and I start walking towards  Daniel and my brother. 

We all stood there talking about random things and laughing (not hysterically) when I felt a hand on my back which made shivers go through them. Those shivers weren't good especially when the person, who I knew was Kevin kissed the side of my cheek and said hello to my family. 

"I going to steal her for a bit," Kevin says as he looks at my brother, Daniel and Mason. My brother didn't like this idea and stayed quiet not wanting to make a scene. Kevin held my hand tightly as I quickly nodded a bye to all of them, and grabbed my purse. He took me up the stairs and found a room where he closed the door and locked it. 

"Where's the ring?" he asked not looking at me. 

"What ring?" I say, exactly knowing what he is talking about.

"The ring I gave you," he says continuing, to pace around.

"Oh, that ring, sorry but I kind of lost it. "

"Crystal, that ring doesn't come off until I take it off. Did you know that?" He says now looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Kevin, how can that be? How can it only be taken off by you?" I ask moving closer to him.

"Because Crystal, that ring is meant for your other half and if that ring comes off then there is no point of this party." He says ranking his hands in his hair. 

I move closer again and ask, "why?" 

"Just because, Crystal. Just because." He says sounding angry.

"Well Kevin, if you don't tell me I am going to walk out of here," I say know he won't let me go.

"Crystal, the ring." He says in a low commanding voice, "Crystal, ring now."

"What the hell? Am I a freaking dog? DO I look like one?!" I shout at him as he kept commanding me.

"YOU ARE! YOU LITTLE B****! I OWN YOU! SO YOU BETTER GET USED TO IT!" he shouts as he stands up.

"You Bar***!" I say as I grab a vase and throw it at him. It smashes against the wall close to his face. The vase smashes into fragments flying everywhere. A few sliced his flawless skin so that the blood slowly peeped out through the wound, then fall making streaks of bright red lines down his face.

Lunging towards me, he grabs my arm and throws me onto the couch.  He holds my arm and wraps them together with his tie, which he took off. He then proceeded to grab his handkerchief from his tux pocket and stuff it in my mouth. 

"Listen," he started, "I love you, I really, really love you! I am so sorry I cheated on you. I am sorry I hurt you with my words. I still love you, please take me back! Please." 

He was currently looking at me with pleading eyes yet I looked away.

"Do you think I will talk to you like that?" he said in a sarcastic voice, "do you think I will beg you to take me back? To be truthful, my dear Crystal, I never really loved you, and you know that." 

He sits next to me and touches my cheek, I try shaking his hand away from my face. Instantly he grabs my face and makes me look him straight in the eyes, "One of my maids will get you a new dress and get you looking presentable again, but before that, you're going to get a little tattoo," he says.

 From the bathroom (i think)a female around about my height appears, her purple grey ombre hair in a half updo look, she was wearing a tank top which was black and had gold accents and dark black ripped trousers, her heels clicked as she came closer. "Brit, this is the person who needs the tattoo done, remember that it should take less than 10 minutes. We don't want her family waiting." 

"I can do that sir, no problem." She said, my eyes widened and I got up. 

"Honey, sit I won't take that long, but it might hurt," Brit says. I look at her as if she's crazy, can she not see I am held here unwillingly. 

Kevin claps his hands and 4 maids come in, all holding different things. I give Kevin a pleading look. I knew I could get ut of this situation since the handkerchief that had been stuffed in my mouth had a low amount of chloroform which was making me sleepy. Kevin gives me a smirk and leaves through the door in another room. 

"Let's start shall we?" Brit says.