Chapter 17

Mason's PoV

Today was the night of the ball, I really didn't want to go, but my sister had said that she wanted me there and that it would be a shame to waste such an event to not talk to anyone. So I decided to go. 

 (EVENT)

For the event, I took my PA's assistant, Serena, since my PA had asked for that evening off. It was no surprise that the event was filled with many well-known names and figures. As I entered many of my partners greeted me and we had a drink. A few minutes in the corner of my eye I saw my sister and my brother-in-law standing with Brooke, Daniel and Crystal. Eva and Brooke drag Crystal into the restroom. I returned my attention to Mr Blake who was trying to convince me to help him do something. "Mr Blake," I said looking at him, "if I had wanted to talk about a collaboration I would have called you into my office and would've given you a contract. I don't have any interest in investing in your project. So would you kindly stop talking about it." 

Walking away from them I saw the girls coming out of the toilet so I headed towards them. "Ladies," I called out behind them, as they turned around m sister instantly hugged me so I hugged her back. 

"Mason, what are you doing here, I thought you said that the party was overrated?" Eva says pulling out of the hug. 

"Ah, sis I did say that, but how can I not show up to a top-notch party?" I say smirking at her.

"Well, do you and your date you brought want to join us?" she asked.

"Why not," I said, "I'll go grab my date quickly," I say and walk towards Serena my PA's assistant. 

"Serena," says as I come close to her.

"Sir, is there something I can help you with?" she asks looking at me.

"Come with me, I'm heading over to the table with my sister and brother-in-law," I say.

"Okay, sir, would you like anything t drink or eat?" she asks.

"Serena, there are waiters for that don't worry just enjoy yourself but not too much," I say giving her a small smile, and she nods, while lowering her head, "shall we," I say leading the way. 

Once reaching the table with them, Serena introduced herself and we talked for a while about random things until Kevin came over and took Crystal away or more like dragged her way. We all started at him and stayed quiet, even after Crystal was dragged away. 

"What the hell was that!" Daniel said looking at all of us, and everyone shrugged. 

Eva and Brooke kept looking at where Kein had taken Crystal, then whispered to each other, looking worriedly. 

Then Eva shook her head. Brooke looked like she was pleading. 

We all stood there awkwardly waiting for a while until Brooke said, "We think you guys might want to know this."

Hey, my lovely readers, this chapter is shorter than the other and I apologies for that, but to be honest I am really crap at writing in male PoV, as you can see.