Chapter 4

As Crystal wakes up, she feels a weight on top of her, without moving too much she opens her eyes and lifts her head to find herself and Ava hugging

"A, wake up," Crystal says, shaking Ava.

"Give me a few more minutes," Ava says, rolling away from Crystal. Shaking her head Crystal gets up and says a quick thanks.

Coming out of the shower, Crystal hears the phone ring, she quickly checks the time to find it just past noon.

"Hello?" Crystal says coldly into the phone.

"Ma'am, it's Kent from the gates. There's someone who wants to see you and they aren't moving even after I told them you are busy." He says in a calm voice.

"What is their name?"

"He says his name is Ace Martinez,"

"Ah. Let him into the house, and next time he comes just let him in but just notify me with a text message." Crystal says in a stern voice.

"I'll do that ma'am, Have a nice day," Kent says, as Crystal ends the call.

"A, Ace is here get up," Crystal says, slapping Ava's leg.

"Fine, I'll go get changed," Ava says leaving Crystal's bedroom to go into her's that they had set so she can stay whenever she comes.

Changing into high-waisted washed out blue jeans and a white top, with a purple throw on a cardigan and brown ankle-high boots. She put on a single necklace, gold hoops with 2 rings. Once she was done she curled her hair and did her make-up simply.

"Crystal, what's with the new guards?" Ace says as he sees Crystal coming into the kitchen.

"Dude, Kent is just the new guy, Mike's suppose to be with him," Crystal says grabbing 3 cups from the shelf above her.

"Yeah, he was making K-Ken or whatever his name is, do it by himself even if Mike knew me. I mean it. It was so frustrating, imagine if Gab comes and they have to call you up, he's gonna be pissed so bad, you know. You're lucky it was just me," Ace rambled on as Crystal poured coffee into all three of the cups, placing them on the island, where Ace was currently sitting.

"Ace, I'll talk to them, okay?" Crystal says as she starts making food.

"Morning my beautiful family," Ava says as she comes into the kitchen.

"Coffees on the table," Crystal says as she plates some bread, eggs and bacon onto three plates.

"Food, yum," Ava says as he takes out the cutlery from the draws, "thanks Crys,"

"No prob, Ace where's El?" Crystal asks, tucking into the food that she had made.

"She wanted to stay in bed," Ace said, rolling his eyes.

"She loves to sleep, leave her alone," Ava said playfully, glaring at Ace.

"Not that I hate you being here, but why are you here Ace?" Crystal says as she drinks her coffee.

"Well, today you have a meeting with the leader of what was their name again," Ace said thinking.

"Mortell's, she has a meeting with Mortells. But remember last week I said today she couldn't since we have to go shopping for our new collection," Ava said looking at Ace then continuing to eat her food.

"Well, I am Crystal's personal assistant, I don't care since it is very important," Ace said, mocking Ava.

"Listen, I want to eat my breakfast but Crys is coming with me so shut it, am I clear," Ava said looking at Ace.

"No, you are not. Crys is coming with me to the meeting!"

"She's coming with me, Martinez!"

"Rodriguez, she's mine today!!"

"You want to fight me, MARTINEZ!" Ava said, clutching her knife tightly.

"Come at me, Rodriguez!!" As Ace finished speaking, a knife came flying straight at his face, which he caught with his fingers, "Is that all you got?"

"No I've got this," Ava said grabbing the gun under the table in a secret compartment.

"ENOUGH!" Crystal shouted after watching this exchange that was a recurring thing, "Guys remember I am still here,"

"But Crystal you need to" Ava started.

"I get it A, I will come with you after I finish the Mortell meeting," Crystal explains.

"Fine. Make sure we finish the meeting in less than an hour, I have a surprise for you, okay," Ava says looking at her best friend.

"Sure I'll do that, Ace, are all the files ready?" Crystal says diverting her attention to her right-hand man.

"Yes, they all are in your office," Ace said.

"Let us get changed, and we'll come. Go sort everything else." Crystal says putting away her dishes.

"Okay, I'll see you ladies later," Ace says after he places his plates in the dishwasher and leaves.

Changing into a black turtle neck jumper, checked paper-bag trousers and a pair of red-bottomed nude heels. Crystal and Ava made their way to the warehouse in a matte black R8.

At the warehouse.........

"Ah, there are the beautiful ladies of the Shadows," Mortell says, standing up to give Crystal and Ava a handshake.

"Mr Mortell, lovely to see you again, how is everything going?" Crystal says looking at the paper she was given alongside Ava and Ace.

"Everything is perfect, you just a few people that don't want to pay and some small gangs trying to attack," he says, "we've got everything under control."

"Well, that seems good, but there is a slight problem," Crystal starts as she writes on one of the sheets she was handed.

"Oh, what's the problem?" Mr Mortell says curiously.

"You see in your finances there seems to be a problem as well as a few other areas, Mr Mortell, I need you to clear this up, but by the looks of it you are either cheating me or someone in your finances is cheating you," Crystal says looking into Mortell's eyes.

"Oh my, I am truly sorry Ms Crystal, I'll get this cleared up right away, I sincerely apologise for this," Mortell says as he looks at the paper and tells the person next to him to write it down.

"I want the new report given to Ace tomorrow before noon, am I clear, Mortell,"

"Yes, Ms Crystal," Mr Mortell says and bows his head.

"Fine, now carry on," Crystal says.

"Well, you see..." One of Mr Mortell's team says.

"You can now leave," Crystal says as she closes the laptop and looks at Mr Mortells.

"Have a nice day," Mr Mortell said as he and his team left.

"Well that was interesting," Ava said, also closing her laptop and drinking water.

"That was. Now you can go shopping and whatever," Ace says.

"Mmm, Ace, could you send someone to check the shipments and finances into the Mortell's, I don't trust him," Crystal said turning to Ace. She wanted to be sure since her gut was telling her that there was something off about the Mortell's today.

"I'll do that, have fun ladies," Ace said leaving the meeting room.

"Let's go," Ava said standing up.

A/N: This part has been rewritten as of (02/08/2021) 

I added a little bit more hope you like it!!