Chapter 8

Quote for chapter 8: Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

At the event......

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, We are pleased to welcome you to the 2022 annual Styles For You charity event. This year we have organised an auction at 8 pm. The money collected here will ‌support those in need. So when the time comes, please take a seat at your given table. Thank you for joining us today and have a great night," said Crystal holding up her glass of champagne alongside Ava.

Once off the stage, Ava says, "This never gets old, does it?"

"Honestly, it's just amazing how the numbers grew within the past few years. And you, my sister, make every year grander and more extravagant. Sometimes I just get astonished by what you spend to get this beautiful look." Crystal said, smiling at Ava.

"Funny, you know I don't spend that much. The cost isn't proportional to the look since we design and decorate it,'' Ava said, taking a sip of her drink.

''I know you always spend less and less every year, but the event always looks better and better. That's why you are the chief financing officer 'cause I know you'll do amazing every single time.'' Crystal said as they clicked their glasses.

''You are right and look where that's got you, a multi-billion dollar company, that is still expanding,'' Ava said.

''Yep, and that's thanks to your and Gabe's help, so you are also part of this company and fame,'' Crystal said, looking around.

''Speak of the devil, Gabriel, here you are,'' Ava said, hugging her brother.

''Hey, hey, hey. I am not the devil. I am Satan himself and you two are my sisters, so that makes you guys Satan's sisters, so hah,'' Gabriel said, hugging Crystal.

''Guys, that's just childish. We are here to discuss a very important matter. Where is that fiance of yours? I want to see my future sister-in-law, and the woman who got this man to settle down.'' Crystal said, trying to look over Gabriel's shoulders.

''Ah yes my fiance, well,'' Gabriel said, scratching the back of his neck.

'Don't tell me you lied to us, man you are seriousl-'' Ava started.

''No, I am not lying, I ‌have a fiance, but she's coming later,'' Gabriel said, looking at the girls.

''Fine, but we want to see her the minute she gets here," Ava demanded, to which Gabriel knew they will not rest until they have met her.

"You'll be the first ones she meets here,"

"We better be," Crystal said, "well until then, let me go greet the people that have come."

"Sure, I'll see you both later," he said, giving both the girls a hug and walking away.

"Very well, I'll see you guys later," Ava said, raising her glass.

"Right, I'm going to go finish greeting everyone like always, try not to get into trouble while I'm away," Crystal said to Ava, knowing that she was scheming something.

"Yes, I understand. I'll just talk to people who come and greet me," Ava said, sipping on her drink.

"Dude, I'm trying to prevent you from drinking too much, okay? But if you don't want me to, fine," Crystal said.

"I know Crys. I'll drink moderately, and so will you."

"Sure, I'll be back later," Crystal said, giving Ava a side hug.

A few hours later......

"Ladies and gentlemen and everyone else. I am Crew Mont, it's lovely to see you all today. We are starting our auction now, so please take a seat at designated tables and let's begin." Said the auctioneer energetically.

"First, we'll start with painting. The first on auction is..." he started.

At the table with Ava and Crystal, Gabriel introduced his fiancée, "Ladies, this is my fiancée, Maya. Maya, these are my sisters, Crystal and Ava."

"Hi, it's wonderful to meet you, I'm Crystal. Welcome to the family, Maya. Honestly, I wanted to ask how you guys met?" Crystal asked, smiling.

"Well, it was hated at first sight. Gabe and I had a terrible first meeting, literally, we met at some gala and my date who was my brother had slight hate towards Gabe since they were business rivals so, both had bad blood....." Maya continued to tell them about the several interactions that they had made with each other.

"Damn girl, I never thought he would settle down. Even Mama had made him go on blind dates, and he hated all of them. Literally, Crys do you remember when he came barging in on our meeting and stayed over for nearly a month just to avoid her!" Ava shared, laughing at their brother, who looked very annoyed.

"Yeah, he was such a pain, every time since he'd always be crashing at one of our places to avoid mama. Anyway, you never told us how long you guys were together since this man here hasn't breathed near us for the past year and a half." Crystal said, drinking her wine.

"Umm, it's been around 2 years since we met, but only a year since we actually started dating. He proposed in the most awkward way possible. But it was very sweet and adorable." Maya said, holding her fiancé's hand.

"Gabriel, you never told us you madman, you deprived us of a year without Maya," Ava said, pouting.

"Ava, you have your boyfriend and I have my fiancé so f- off," Gabriel said, smirking at her. "I honestly knew if you guys met that I'll not have her to myself. I know selfish of me."

"Babe, don't worry, I'll always have enough time for you," Maya said, kissing his cheek.

"Honeymoon phase!!!!" Ava said, snapping a picture of the couple.

"This is so cute. Imagine their children," Crystal said, looking at Ava.

Opposite them, Gabriel looked at his sister and knew they were still those teenage girls years ago, and he won't change it for the world. 

A/N: Hi my loves. Yes, it's been long but another update. This is more of a filler than a chapter.
Oh, I forgot to tell you it snowed today while I was writing this. Snow in March. Crazy right.
But anyways stay safe and have a wonderful day my loves, and hope you like the quote for the chapter.

Many thanks, Kara ☺️
(Edited 31 march 2022)