Part 35

Two chapters?! Work

I opened my door and walked in. Stella was still in bed and didn't even care that I came back now.
I picked up my dusty bag from under our bed and started packing all my stuff, I went into the bathroom and took my last things.
I looked at my anonymous mask laying in the corner of the room, I felt a tear go down my cheek as I picked it up and put it in the bag. I closed the zipper and looked at Stella.
"I love you Stella"
She just mumbled something and didn't bother to look up from under the sheets.
I picked up my bag and left the room.

I walked thru the corridor and stopped in front of Aces room. I put up my hand about to knock when being yelled at me.
"Yo Cairo, going somewhere?"
I looked down and wiped away my tears.
I nodded.
"I'm going to miss you, promise you won't forget me." I nodded.
"I will never forget you burn." I said and hugged him tight.
"And I'll never forget you." He said and hugged me tighter.
He let go of me and I could see a tear fall from his swollen eyes. He wiped it away fast and pretend to be cool about it, but I know that he deep down really is a soft guy.

"He is in the office."
I looked up at him, confused.
"He won't let anyone enter so I figured you would leave."
"Thank you" he smiled and walked away.

I took a deep breath and started walking. It was oddly quiet, as if time had stopped.

I finally reached the office after what felt like hours, I knocked on the door.
"What the fuck? I said not to bother me burn."
He yelled back at me.
"It's me."
He got quiet, after a few seconds I could hear his footsteps getting closer to the door.
The door opened and du king was facing me.
He looked at my bag and then at me, he hugged me tight and I started to cry.
He let go of me and looked at me.

He dried my tears and smiled.
"Don't cry, We will meet again. I promise." I chuckled and smiled at him.
"Ace I, I love-"
He put his finger up to my mouth.
"Shh, I don't want to hear it. We will both just get hurt in the end."
I kissed him hard and then looked at him once more.
"No need to be sad, I will find you, wherever you go I will find you, just wait for me"
I nodded.
"Ace I just want to thank you, for everything."
"Here" I reached out my hand and gave him a paper.
"Keep it in your pocket, never let go of it."

He looked at it and smiled.
"I won't."

He gave me one last hug and smiled at me before grabbing the door.
"Goodbye Cairo, see you soon." He said and closed the door in front of me.

I opened the entrance door and walked out on the parking lot. I looked in my pocket for the keys to a car, didn't really matter which one I just picked what I saw in his office.
I pressed unlock and one of the cars lit up, it was a Tesla model three, a black one, it was the same one that he first picked me up in, years ago.
I took one more look at the building that I had spent my last 2 and a half years in before stepping into the car and driving away.