Dark Masquerade V1(Mature)

The halls were dark. The music carried throughout them like guides pulling her towards her destination. It was a tether she didn't care to escape.

Vannila filled her nose first, followed by raspberry and rose. She was in a daze as she slowly crept down the halls. She'd only just woken up. Her eyes were adjusting to the dimly lit halls. Shades of rich colors hid away from the light. Close to the floor, she could see deep purples, burgundy, rich red, crimson, and royal blue hues. Each color is woven together to make the perfect combination of roses, leaves, and landscape sewn like a tapestry to the wall. Pillars stood round from floor to ceiling, marble she thought, with something sitting at the top of them. The tops were far too dark to see, so she couldn't say what.

While her mind didn't know where she was or where she was going, her feet knew the way. Her ears guided them. Her hands stayed still at her sides, playing with the dress she was in.

It was an odd thing, really. She didn't know why she was in a dress. It was beautiful. Don't get her wrong, but it was puzzling how she managed to be in it. ( Then again, she had no memory beyond waking up. ) It was a deep Sapphire blue that faded into dark purple at the bottom. The dress was slim fitting down to her waist, where it flowered out a bit into a beautiful waterfall of lace and pleated down to the floor. Lace traveled from her right shoulder down to her left side on the front and was covered with small red gemstones. Rubys, maybe? It laced up in the back, leaving a decent portion open for anyone to see but hiding away the rest of her skin. Her arms were exposed, but it wasn't the least bit chilly.

Not here.

She reached up to her neck where a good necklace sat. After stopping for a moment to better inspect it, she figured out it was a simple rose design on a thin chain. Elegant. Beautiful. It matched everything this place was made of. Everything except her.

Why was she here?

She was a simple girl. Or so she thought. Long hair, the same color it always had been, same big almond shaped eyes, same pale skin, same clumsy feet. It just didn't make sense.

Soon enough, she couldn't bear the thought of not getting to the music. It was as if something was calling for her. Getting impatient or antsy. Something wanted her to follow the music and come to them. She could feel it in her very being. Her body reacted to it. She ached for it and longed for it.

The girl picked her dress up a bit and ditched the matching heels. They were slowing her down, and she hated shoes anyway. She took off after the sound of the music. She twisted, and turned, and turned again. The girl began to feel helpless. She felt lost. Like she wouldn't be able to reach whoever was calling for her.

Then she turned again.

Slowly, and few by few, people began to appear in this hall. Masks covering only half of their faces, wings decorating their backs, tails hidden away mostly by long coat tails or wrapped around waists like belts, some had horns hidden beneath tufts of hair or proudly sitting atop their heads. They had pale skin, red skin, pink skin, grey skin, black skin, and even blue or purple skin. Some had markings, and some wore chains; some even had weapons that stayed close by their sides. Dogs sat close to their master's sides. Some had cats sitting on their shoulders. Each animal at least turned to watch her as she went by. They gave their unbiased opinion of her: She didn't yet belong. (Or so she thought they said. ) Their master's looked on after she went by, curious of her.

There were candles sitting in gold and brass chandeliers, and on their own with wax dribbled down their sides firmly, holding them in place on tables or stands. She could see much better here, and now that she could she could see the rose patterns, she couldn't see patterns. They were real fragrant roses falling in waves of thorns and vines from planters near the ceilings. Weaving together to create beautiful curtains of flora. The walls themselves were deep red and crimson. It was absolutely beautiful and set off by the candlelight all around.