Just for my Wolf

A request by Paula_Kulik

"Don't go into the woods Y/n!"

" Mom, I'm fine! " She giggled as she skipped her happy little five year old self right into the woods.

A faint, "Be home before dark!" Was all she heard as she crunched the leaves under her feet. The wind whipped around her, and she felt happy. As a child giddy, and filled with excitement.

Y/n was an only child. And a lonely one. She lived with her parents off the town's edge, with no neighbors. Instead shenorefered to play with animals and in the sanctity of the woods. She knew her eay around them, and even befriended a little wolf pup. She guessed he was around her age, and honestly, he was.

Just onnthe other side of the woods, in a little known town, was a whole other world. She had made it through the woods several times just to watch the pretty lights of the town, or the weird but beautiful dances they did. Little did she know that these people were mythical beings.

Oh, and they knew about her. They knew her very well. The first time she stumbled onto them eating a deers corpse, she just sat down, and watched. The wolves found it odd. She wasn't scared, or angry.

Just curious.

The pups all seemed to want to play with her, and opening particular took a strong interest with her over the years. So they let her be. No one would believe her if she went back to tell the humans about a bunch of crazy people living with wolves, dancing in the moon together, eating deer. She was no threat, and they figured when she grew up, maybe family.

This little girl was called Kimi for the secrets she held. They also hadn't found out her real name yet. The little pup Hakan wouldn't reveal it. He was just to protective. Everytime he talkes about his little friend the fire in his eyes grew. Everytime they talked about Kimi the fire in his eyes grew.

She would just sit, and watch with him on the hill above the town. Content together. Friends for life, both the secret holder and the fire.

Year had passed. Eventually Hakan understood that his precious girl wasn't in danger around his family. They watched over her. She watched over them unknowingly. She cared for the sick in the woods, buried the dead in proper graves of they died in battle or of sickness, she tended to the wounds of the hurt. .

Until one day she came across hunters. The hunters were setting traps, and Y/n had decided to go around with Hakan setting them off so they wouldn't hurt anyone.

Suddenly Hakan started tugging and pulling at his friends clothes. The hunters were to close. She would get hurt. Yet she te pted her luck by setting off yet another trap.

"That's the reason we haven't caught anything today!" Someone snagged her by her hair. Y/n yelped and grabbed at his grimy hand. " Little shit thinks she's helping the animals?" He laughed and tossed her to the ground.