Pirates ( Part 1 Shiki)

It wasn't something he normally did. Shiki was on a quest, though. His father was dying. He wanted his old crew together for a while before he passed away, hopefully at sea, and went to the locker.

His father's crew wasn't ordinary. They'd sailed the seas for hundreds of years together, terrorizing everyone in their wake. They hoarded treasures beyond most people's understanding. Most of them even had treasures that gave them abilities. He gets gifts from the old man himself.

One of them held immortality. One had unusual strength. One could harness the elements of nature. One could use literal magic. So on, and so forth. Most of them were not human, so they didn't seem to age. The captain himself was demonic and possessed abilities beyond most people understanding.

Well, at least most humans.

His father had gotten into trouble that followed him for years. Until he decided to settle for a young demon girl. One that he just used to get an heir. Of course, he killed her after she had Shiki. She had attempted to take his beloved son away and plotted against his family. His crew. His friends.

He eventually got sick, and Shiki took over his ship.

Shiki was a good pirate. He pillaged and killed whoever stood in his way. His crew had just as many people with inhuman abilities as his father's had. He took care of his crew like family, and his family was sacred to him.

So when his father requested that Shiki gather his old crew, he didn't hesitate.

Shiki had gathered most of them by now. He was just after one more. A girl named Liliana, and to be honest, his father's old flame. His father had given her immortality and told her to wait for him. She was rumored to go back to her home island. A place that seemed untouched by time.

It was a pretty island. Flowers bloomed everywhere. The trees were healthy. " It would look better on fire. " He smirked as he let his crew bring his ship into dock.

" None of that Shiki. " His father's weak voice said behind him. The old man's crew was already getting him off the boat. " She would hate it. " He was withered looking. A former shell of a demon. Shiki and his father looked alike in his prime.

"She's probably dead. " He spat with a scoff. Shiki crossed his arms over his bare chest and watched them go ashore. His father swore this was a pirate safe island. Yet, he never trusted those words. It was the reason his father was sick to begin with. Poisoned by a double agent girl or some crap when they docked, and he went ashore.

" Better get going. He'll end up staying here forever if we don't. " His first mate said, standing next to him suddenly, a shirt in hand.

He jumped and sighed. Shiki snatched the shirt and struggled into it. " Don't so that Enoche. " He took his coat and slipped it on. " I'll be back. Watch the ship 'kay?"

"Yep. Later, " His friend tiped his head and waved him off the ship. "Good luck, Cap."

~~~~~

Shiki walked slowly through the town. It was a sleepy place, but it was taken care of.

Honestly, he was surprised.

He spotted an old woman sitting by the sea on a porch. She gave him a soft smile and waved him over. He approached carefully. He was hesitant in his resolve suddenly.

" Hello, boy. I take it you are 'his' son?"

" I suppose I am. " He answered quietly.

" Then settle down. Let me tell you some stories from my childhood. I promise they're interesting. About a woman named Liliana." She said with a mischievous glint.