Y/N and the Bad Boy

Y/N panted for a minute. She had just hidden under a science room cabinet. She was glad they held so many different chemicals for the school. This lab table was hardly ever used and normally locked because of them

Being the object of bullying, she always mapped a new escape route. This just happened to be the best one she'd found in a while. Y/N relaxed and rested her head. She just had to stay here until those crazy girls went away.

The Y/N heard the door open and tense up. She held her knees tightly to her chest and closed her eyes. Foot steps sounded closer and closer to the closed lab cabinet. She held her breath. Suddenly, she fell violently out of the cabinet and was jerked straight up by the collar of her jacket.  Y/N yelped, and a large hand was over her mouth.

The door burst open, and she hit the wall hard enough to leave her breathless. The girls chasing her had just busted in. They looked through the room before noticing the boy holding her against the wall. " Yo, is that stupid little nerd here? She actually thinks she can get away with throwing her water all over me. " Y/N smiled against the hand over her mouth.

She remembered throwing the water on the witch. It had been awesome.

She just wished she could see who the person holding her in a rather... compromising position was. The boy had thrown her legs around his waist, had his hand over her mouth, and pressed her against him roughly. He acted quickly when the door had opened.

Almost like he knew her.

He turned his head to the door, " Does it look like I know? I'm busy get the fuck out. NOW." He raised his voice at the end. She saw the girls physically recoil at his voice. Her eyes went wide as well. She knew who he was. The school bad boy, and resident hardass, Vander Valentine. No one dared make fun of him, or go against what he said. Why the hell was he holding her like this? Why was he saving her from those girls?

She gulped seeing the last flutter of their skirts. They were gone. They wouldn't be back. She was alone with Vander. He looked back at her.  Vander uncovered her mouth allowing her to take shaky breaths. 

He was so close... she could smell the cologne he used mixed with his deodorant. It wasn't the cheap, get away from me, stuff either...

She refused to meet his eyes pinned against the wall with only his support. He lifted her chin, and forced her to anyway.  " I saw you. When you poured water on her. " he smirked in the dim light coming from the windows. He looked incredible.  " Good job. You finally stood up for yourself. You booked it the hell out of there, but you did it. " He ruffled her hair.

She was more than confused.

" Um.. y-yeah.. I did. I just got tired of doing nothing." She answered softly. She relaxed slightly feeling more comfortable. 

He nodded,  " I get it. " he paused,  " But, why haven't you used your karate?"

She must have looked like a deer in head lights. " How do you know about that?"

He shook his head. " Dear God the one girl who could probably kick my ass and she doesn't even know it or how I know..." He held her perfectly still against him and carried her over to the lab table.  Vander sat her down, but stayed just as close as they were before. " We've been in the same class since we were about eight. " He answered softer. He was so close. He could see her fear. Feel it. But, at the same time, it was also just nerves.. At least he hoped.

She stared.  " We have been? No.. I couldn't do that. I'm not that good..."

He sighed and hung his head. Y/N resisted playing with it his hair.  It was a perfect curtain of chestnut brown, and matched his eyes. He was chiseled,  no doubt from the karate if he took it like he said, and also tall. Vander was damn tall. " Trust me.. you could. Why do you think those girls hate you?" He asked with a sigh.