Chased into Love

She ran through the thick undergrowth, her dress ripping on briar and sticks. Y/N was being chased into the darkness of the forest. " Why does he want me? Who is he?" She asked frantically as she ran. She jumped over a fallen tree that was long decayed into a hollow log.

She had to keep running.

She had to try to get away. This was the game. Everything in her screamed to run. She heard his chuckle and pushed her already exhausted legs harder.

~~~~~~~~

Just a few hours ago, she'd been home, complaining about having to go to some stupid party for some guy she didn't know. He was a pig, sloppy, and looked like he got hit with the ugly stick a little too hard. Her mother insisted that she go.

It was a matchmaking party.

She wasn't getting any younger. Yadda yadda ya. She agreed just to put her mother's mind at ease. After an hour of getting her feet stepped on, being hit on, and bad breath, she decided to step outside in the fresh night air to watch the beautiful moon.

Y/N took her shoes off and tossed them behind her. Her poor feet were killing her. A click sounded behind her. She glanced back; it was just as well. Y/N wanted nothing more to do with the silly rumor of vampires, killers, or the bad breath inside. They, in her opinion, were just as bad as vampires. Well, they were more like leeches. She shuddered.

"Getting cold?"

Her head shot around. He sounded close, and unlike the other men at this party. He sounded mature. She couldn't see anyone in the yard, though, so she assumed it was her mind playing tricks in her.

It had to be.

Creatures like that didn't exist. She took a deep breath of the fresh night air and closed her eyes. When she opened them, the full moon filled them with its beauty. It was a peaceful night.

He snickered lightly. " My feet would hurt in heels as well. And that dress is gorgeous, but not suited for late autumn nights. " he taunted quietly.

She jumped startled to hear him again. So, he was real. She was locked outside with him, which meant he was not from the party. He would surely he inside, right? She slowly turned to the corner of the porch, and his voice seemed to come from. This time, he was very much real.

He was dressed handsomely, his suit tailored to fit perfectly and smiling at her. He had a dazzling smile, but a dangerous one. The man? No, Vampire was letting her clearly see his sharp protruding canines. Oh God... was this real? Was she drugged from the wine?

Everything was very much real.

He spoke again, " It is a very beautiful night for a walk Y/N. " he paused standing, " Care to join me? This party is below you. They don't deserve your company. " He sneered.

She shook her head, eventually finding her voice. " No, thank you. I don't know you. Something tells me to stay away. "

"Smart girl. My name is Beau Lamoone. Now you know me. " He smirked handsomely as he held his hand down to her.

She raised an eyebrow to his comment. How had he known her name in the first place?

" I knew because they told me. " He gestured to the house where the party was still going on with drunken idiots. " He thinks he has a shot with you. Says that he has the money to support you better than your own family. " he scoffed.

" He wouldn't be able to sway you. He couldn't even hit the broad side of a barn if he tried to sway a sow to marry him." Beau glanced back at her. "However, I found you by scent. You have a very beautiful one, good blood, steady head, and hard worker. Most men wouldn't like these things... sans the blood. But, I find them humbling. " He smiled a charming genuine smile. She still found it creepy. " My walk?"
He held out his arm, being a gentleman.