𝟛.

Trigger warning : I tried to make the scene short but a scene is about assault (not with Sukuna)

Let me know what you thought about this chapter and if you'd like me to draw a scene 😘

                 -------------------------------------------

Mana pointed to wooden water basins a few meters away. "Other there!" she chirped.

Piles of cloth were already on the ground, and Mana dropped the sheets she held next to them. She handed me a wooden washboard and soap.

"You wet the cloth, and then !" she held her washboard above her head in a triumphant gesture.

"You scrub with that !" She raised the bar of soap in the same manner as the washboard.

I watched her giggling. She was adorable. Was she really a curse, the same thing that murdered humans back on Earth and ate them?

I took the washboard and the soap, and started scrubbing. Mana was so full of energy, water splashed everywhere whenever she would soak something.

My arms were sore from all the scrubbing. It felt like we had been at it for hours already. The sun was disappearing in the sky. I wondered if a day here was equivalent to a day on Earth.

Mana was humming joyfully. She was truly inspiring, I was happy to be in her shining company for my first day in hell.

"How long have you been living here?" I asked, to make conversation. I was getting fed up with mindlessly scrubbing sheets.

"Uhh... I don't really know how long !" she said.

"And your parents?" she must be seven years old, top. I wonder if curses were born as humans were.

"Humans killed them." She said with a faint smile. She paused. "So big brother Sukuna killed them and brought me here."

I chuckled, embarrassed. So he was able to be something else than evil. This explains why I felt weird in his arms.

"You seem to have fun here." I said, and her little face lit up. She nodded vigorously.

We had just resumed doing laundry when I heard footsteps behind us. They were strangely slow, as if to not make a sound.

I got up and turned around. It was a man, with long hair and sharp claws as hands.

"My, my. What do we have here ?" the man hissed. He approached closer. I motioned for Mana to hide behind me, which she did, clenching to my blouse. Her little hands were shaking.

"Don't be afraid, I'm a good guy." He said with nasty smirk on his face. The way he looked at us was revulsing.

"Which one wants to go first ?" he licked his lips with his forked slimy tongue.

I grabbed the little girl's hand.

"Mana." I whispered. "I want you to run as fast as you can, don't stop."

"But Y/n..." she whimpered.

"Go !"

As she started to run, I stepped between her and the snake like man, who already started to try and catch her.

"I guess you'll be first." he violently grabbed my leg and swayed me around before slamming me on the ground. I yelped in pain. My head hit the ground first, if not for the grass, I'd probably be unconscious or dead by now. Blood started to flow from where he clawed my leg. He topped me, pinning me down. He trailed a claw down from my throat to my belly, shredding my blouse, cutting my skin so deep I thought he was going for the kill.